heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Starcraft 2 to have no LAN support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep. As topic title says. It's quite amazing how much hate Blizzard is getting, even from some of their more loyal fans.

GameSpot - Starcraft II jettisons LAN support
IGN - No LAN for StarCraft II
Boo.
I've heard this. They are trying to lock out those who use illegit copies of the game to Lan. Enforcing battlenet instead.
Bah, that's the lamest thing ever...
Now there's remarks that the pirated version will have LAN, because no one wants to play on Bnet anymore, and I've read comments of people who planned to buy SC2 on its day of launch will now safely stay at home torrenting it instead.

Icon_neutral

And it's not just SC2, Diablo 3 will also have no LAN support.
.... No... LAN... support?

I do not understand! D=<
meh, if your concerned about lag...Im sure Listchecker will be ported to SC2; its a program used in WC3 bnet custom games to host in Lan mode.

But more importantly...Ina is a Starcraft fan?
No Lan!? T_T
I don't really get why they would remove LAN... I mean, Blizzard's games are still pretty popular in LAN parties (not to mention of the few games that people actually play LAN on), and they're essentially shooting themselves in the foot here.

So, WTF Blizz?! D:<
Frankly, over here people pirated WC3 like crazy, and they are still happily playing on Battle net or private BN...
And Lan included hacked versions... yeah
Like canceling Lan will save them... they are basically just... like someone said, shooting their own feet...
Smart, really smart, Blizz...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's