heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Which program is better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering which one is best suited to use for anime art style Thinking
there was this program i used on a mac in my graphic arts class that was realy awsome for cell shading style.

i personaly use photoshop. but i ahvn't done anime style art in years.

you could even try flash.
Don't discount Mspaint, great oekaki have been done on mspaint.
I can't really vote because I haven't even heard 90% of these programs before...

EDIT: Well, based from what I've seen, and personal belief. I think photoshop is good on the condition you know how to use it and have a tablet
It completely depends, or you can use a combination.
I'd say Illustrator most of the time, because you can trace over scanned drawn anime and color it very cleanly. This generally only works with scanned drawings though.
In cases where you have a tablet and want to draw from the tablet to the computer, the GIMP or Photoshop would be good.
Open Canvas is good too, I have a friend who uses primarily that. It's also nice for collaborating.
OC is only good cause of collabing work, I didn't personally like it much otherwise.
Look up that Manga Studio program sometime, I hear it isn't so bad.
Photoshop is nice, but you're probably going to haveta pirate it to use it which I don't really fully support.
Corel Paint probably won't do anime work the way you want, it tends to be like its name and gives off a more painterly quality.
Gimp is actually really simplistic and does the job very well. There is a windows download you can get from their website.
Look into Paint.Net also, its a pretty nice program that is free to use also.
My sis and I use photoshop for 3 years or more...(not sure)

She's using it for her drawings and vector stuff

I'm still learning to draw =,= I use photoshop for editing pics.. i know, i do gay stuff... =____= Cry
If you like Photoshop but neither the prospect of price nor illicit download then you should inquire into Paint.NET.??It's a free Photoshop-type program for Windows.??It originated as a Washington State University student project but then went on to be considered for the next Windows Paint.??Now it continues as the said student project with new and old students adding to it year after year.

I use it and like it, but I don't draw or try anything too overly fancy with it.??I mainly use it to make avatars and signatures for myself and friends, and test/dev stuff for the server.??From my experience with Photoshop, I like Paint.NET better on the user-friendly side of things.??Ok

-bb-

*edit - Oh yeah, Paint.NET's (more appropriately, GetPaint.NET's) forums are full of people who make their own plugins for Paint.NET.??I've a ton.??I'm not sure how Photoshop does their plugins, but I thought it was nice to see so many user-created free plug-ins.??^_^

-bb-
+1 for open source projects!!
No switch to linux everyone! Icon_razz
I've got friends who've done wonderful things in photoshop. I suppose it's best to find a program you know how to use and use well with your current artistic and computer skills
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's