heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Can't access Turtle Island
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Summary:
??Gotanblue won't give me (character name Matilyn) the option to go to Turtle Island any more.

Details:
??Back in the olden days before transcending or having a Creamy Clip, I did the access quest and briefly tried killing on the island. It didn't go too well... I never made it to the save NPC, and soon decided to forget it for the time being.
??Anyway, when I tried going back recently to unlock the warp, the option to go there won't appear. Following quest guides (tried RMS and irowiki) doesn't help. The sailor won't talk about anything but how beautiful the ocean is.

??I might know what the problem is (warning, technical stuff follows, and the script version might not match anyway). Assuming the NPC script I'm looking at more or less matches what heRO's using, eAthena fouled up. The Turtle Island access and treasure quests use the TURTLE variable to track progress, but once you actually find a treasure, TURTLE is zeroed and MISC_QUEST bit 17 (65536) is set instead. Gotanblue only checks the TURTLE variable, though, and once MISC_QUEST bit 17 is set, there's no way to set the TURTLE variable again. I can't confirm anything without seeing the character data, but that's what seems to be happening. For reference, the script file is npc/quests/quests_alberta.txt.

??It's still possible I'm doing something wrong, but it worked before, it doesn't now, I can't get it working again, and I can't think of anything else to try.
Have you tried restarted the whole quest? From the NPC inside the inn/hotel?
??Tried it. Doesn't help. I've replicated the issue on a local test server, too. As expected, the character data has MISC_QUEST bit 17 set and no sign of the TURTLE variable.
??The exact problem is that once you've found the buried treasure on the island (by reading the journal in Alberta to get the coordinates and using the skull key), the option to sail to Turtle Island is just gone. It's poor scripting on eAthena's part, unless you're not supposed to be able to get back after finding the treasure, and that seems unlikely since there's no mention of any such thing anywhere.
??Specifically, if they're going to toss it in the MISC_QUEST variable once the quest is done instead of keeping TURTLE, Gotanblue's script should start with "if ((MISC_QUEST & 65536) || TURTLE)" instead of "if (TURTLE)".

??EDIT: The moral of the story is to unlock the warp ASAP when you go. Then it doesn't matter what the official NPCs do.
I confirm, his not being able to access it is due to the quest changing over time since he started it.

Since we've checked the variable on your account, next time you see a GM on ask them while being on Matilyn ask them for a free warp to turtle island so you can save it.
Okay, all better :D

Just need to remember to save first next time.
Reference URL's