heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Hero Night time,Day Time Feel Sugestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ALRIGHT!!

I was laying down in bed this morning and i realized by thinking on random things about ro,"Omg how come there isnt enough night time in hero?"

then i log in to check the time setting.

[Image: timeonhero.jpg]

I Noticed that hero has NO NIGHT TIME AT ALL WTF!!!!!

so My suggestion is as follows, 3 hours of day time and 3 hours of night time,

Each Time one switches a message display customized

"As The Moon Rises,Its Dark Veil Sweeps Across The Land"

"The Sun As Risen,And The Dark Veil Vanishes in Splendor."

See??

It Appeals to the whole Dark side and Light side features to the server giving it a more role play ish feel also.

Please post your comments :D
That suggestion was made long long time ago... I think that message cannot be changed, at least in an easy way.
Not bad, I like the idea. If Loveless is correct, maybe there would be another way, like a automated message broadcasted by a "GM-bot" or something like that. Thinking
Sure the message can be changed.
Last server used to change it all the time.
"Night fell down. Ouch."
"Night fell down. Ouch" ha. xD
i'm not actually sure if you can change that message, mainly because i haven't bothered to check lol

but if that fails you can just have a separate script that automatically broadcasts that message
Well, I've seen it done on another server, but that was probably because it was a different type of server other then eAthena
Oh, said other server i mentioned was eAthena... I know that much. XD
But then, it also had other various settings that changed between night and day, other than just the amount of light, so to speak, so it may have taken some... more than average.. editting?
It's probably doable, just was never considered enough of a priority to search.

As for night time, it's 2 hours night and 4 hours daylight, and if you think about it, it kinda makes sense night time is shorter than day time, I dunno about you guys, but where I live at this time a year there's about 9 hours of dark and 15 of sunlight.
Here it is currently 12-12. Maybe more night than day, actually. Gogo middle of winter.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's