heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Mining Pick Quest Suggestion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I understand that this suggestion will probably get thrown out because it will imbalance the game (letting you mine with an indestructible pick), but I thought I'd suggest it because, well, there could be a cool, long, and difficult quest to obtain a pick. :3

The basic quest I was thinking of would have a number of steps, somewhat in the order listed bellow.

Step A: An NPC at Einbeck mentions how the quality of picks they can afford causes them to break to easily. He offers a quest to get 100 Heavy Picks (worth 60k) to help out with the situation. After turning the picks in, he mentions how there used to be a guy that crafted nearly indestructible picks, but no one's heard from him since all the trouble in Rune-Midgard started.

Step B: ??? NPC must be talked to, probably in Prontera/Yuno or some other town. Talk to him about the pick maker and he'll mention how the guy used to be commissioned by the Coal Mine near Geffen, before it was infested with monsters.

Step C: Talk to the Old Miner outside Coal Mines, he'll send them to the person who'll make the item so long as they've already done the Mining Quest.

Step D: Talk to the reward NPC, he'll mention a list of items he'll need for the pick (Something like 5-10 Oridecon, 20-50 Steel, Animal Skin for the handle, stuff like that, and a lot of it to make the quest difficult and/or intensely expensive to do). After turning in the items, he'll reward the player with a Heavy Oridecon Pick!

...Or he could give a Mining Hat that gives a higher chance of good items from mining to be acquired (probably by letting the players use a mining spot in Einbech Mining Dungeon, I dunno).
I think a Mining Hat (Miner's Hat?) would be sufficient enough... an indestructible pick... imagine how much that would change things. I'd never buy picks on my Blacksmith ever again!

Icon_neutral
yea, I'd have to say the same, Imagine fishing with a lure instead of bait! But fishing already has a hat that boosts item drops or something. So I'd say a hat would be nice for poor neglected mining.
how about some competent picks that don't break after half a swing?

I only went mining once, and I was totally turned off of it because the picks weighed a million tons and broke too goddamn fast.
The Legendary Joe Wrote:yea, I'd have to say the same, Imagine??fishing with a lure instead of bait! But fishing already has a hat that boosts item drops or something. So I'd say a hat would be nice for poor neglected mining.

The mining equal exist. It just sat in test server for like half a year Sweat
Well, after mining for a while I discovered that an indestructible pick isn't needed as much, since i just found out about the mechanics about how mining works. So the more I do it, the less likely my pick will break and all that. :3

I still got tired of mining for zodiac stones though, back to farming for an Infiltrator! ><
As Ayu said, a Mining Hat is near-ready to be added along with a Mining spot update, it's just lacking a bit of testing basically until it can be considered ready for the real server.
Reference URL's