heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Hi HeRO! :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys!

i don't normally do this hi thing especially on the internet, so please forgive me if i pass on as a bit full of myself or anything of the sort...

i'm a really, really old player of RO, and the last time i played this game, the payon was still the old one, and the most exciting dungeon to go to was probably Glast Heim or the Clock Tower.

after seeing my friend play a couple of days ago, i was intrigued at how much this game has changed, and decided to look for a server and try out RO again...

being a really old player, i'd like to ask you guys for help to point me in the right direction. i'm was also more of a PvE person before, is the Knight or the Assassin class the best for that now? or, probably some new class?

and what exactly makes WoE so much fun? Icon_smile

thanks to everyone in advance!

-Gamma
Either knight or assassin would serve you well for PvE, just depends on your style.

WoE is fun because it's competition against intelligent opponents as opposed to AI. It's also a chance to work with classes you may not usually party with otherwise due to the nature of the skills being used. There's also potential gear rewards for being successful. And, at the end of the day, there's just something cool about seeing your guild's emblem on a flag in town Icon_wink
I agree with Ardney, both are equally good at PvE, just depends on what you want.

WoE was also pretty much summarized, too. xD Although, it's fast, like, really fast. Lots of things can happen in just a few seconds, so it's action-packed and more intense than PvE. ;P

And welcome! Icon_biggrin
hey welcome to the server. its a good place to be xD . enjoy your stay. have fun
I personally prefer Wizard for PVE, Since the weapons don't rely too much on cards or refines (well for except for some of the newer equip) for damage.

But I'm biased towards glass cannons, extremely powerful but very fragile~.
Gammarax Wrote:being a really old player, i'd like to ask you guys for help to point me in the right direction. i'm was also more of a PvE person before, is the Knight or the Assassin class the best for that now? or, probably some new class?

and what exactly makes WoE so much fun? Icon_smile

thanks to everyone in advance!

-Gamma

I feel Sin is more of a solo PvE character but that Knight is more...all around, he can solo or party. I feel biased towards knights though since I have really started getting into them more for their PvE capabilities lately. It may take time to get the gears necessary for either though to be extremely powerful, but diligence is key in any game. :]

WoE is fun for the reasons Ardney said, and then to also use your skills and items that you have at your disposal to outwit your opponent, there is nothing better than to know that you did something you didn't think you could do before too. Also if you have a bone to pick with someone and they WoE you can get mighty vengence on them with your guild. WoE in general provides entertainment and the brings out your competitive spirit for rewards hopefully at the end of it by holding the castle.
Welcome to the server! Very nice intro Icon_smile

As for the choice of char, I'll let our players fight it out XD

Have fun!
Well, if he wants a real char he'll go Crusader of course.

No bias, no bias Laugh
hi there, welcome to HeRO!

might wanna check out ROempire.com or ratemyserver.net to get a sneak peek on what is RO nowadays...
customs info etc for HeRO is available in our own forums and wiki, so that would also be some good reading material.

anyway, for PvM (monster) or PvE (as noted above) - i prefer PvM as it makes a much clearer distinction to PvP (player) as on PvP that player would also become your Enemy, no? Laugh - anywayyyyy i think i've come to realize that the easiest and cheapest thing to do PvE is to go TK (taekwon) and then TKM or SG (TK master or Star Gladiator)...
they need next to no equips yet they can provide constant stable damage. Just go high agi for flee (running 10 gives 100 def piercing damage + warm wind = win) and you're set for soloing most anything (except for really high end dungeons that really need parties)...
Just kill porings and stuff until you get a bit of money and then hunt zeroms till you get their panties then buy an undershirt (or kill some pasanas if you've reached 60+ already) and you're basically set. You'll probably get some matyr leashes along the way, those are pretty good for the stat bonus and would sell easily as it is used in a custom quest...

oh, and keep those low level cards for the hatter quest or sell them to ppl for ~400k (current market price, subject to change naturally)... not all of them are hatters, but poring cards definitely are and they drop at 0.15% while most other cards drop at 0.03% Ok

GL and HF!

-w-
Ardney Wolf Wrote:Either knight or assassin would serve you well for PvE, just depends on your style.

WoE is fun because it's competition against intelligent opponents as opposed to AI. It's also a chance to work with classes you may not usually party with otherwise due to the nature of the skills being used. There's also potential gear rewards for being successful. And, at the end of the day, there's just something cool about seeing your guild's emblem on a flag in town

I see! Yeah, I suppose it is more exciting to fight someone who actually knows what they're doing rather than just simple AI. Thanks! Icon_smile

Galt Wrote:I agree with Ardney, both are equally good at PvE, just depends on what you want.

WoE was also pretty much summarized, too. xD Although, it's fast, like, really fast. Lots of things can happen in just a few seconds, so it's action-packed and more intense than PvE. ;P

And welcome!

Thank you! No1

Heartless! Wrote:hey welcome to the server. its a good place to be xD . enjoy your stay. have fun

Indeed it is. After 2 days of playing, I feel like this server is nice and stable. Thanks! Icon_smile

The Legendary Joe Wrote:I personally prefer Wizard for PVE, Since the weapons don't rely too much on cards or refines (well for except for some of the newer equip) for damage.

But I'm biased towards glass cannons, extremely powerful but very fragile~.

I see. Thanks for that, what you said is true. I've started to build on a Thief and it seems that I need a lot of items to be worth anything at all. :|

Aaronock Wrote:I feel Sin is more of a solo PvE character but that Knight is more...all around, he can solo or party. I feel biased towards knights though since I have really started getting into them more for their PvE capabilities lately. It may take time to get the gears necessary for either though to be extremely powerful, but diligence is key in any game. :]

WoE is fun for the reasons Ardney said, and then to also use your skills and items that you have at your disposal to outwit your opponent, there is nothing better than to know that you did something you didn't think you could do before too. Also if you have a bone to pick with someone and they WoE you can get mighty vengence on them with your guild. WoE in general provides entertainment and the brings out your competitive spirit for rewards hopefully at the end of it by holding the castle.

Yeah, I suppose in a game like RO you really do have to grind to get what you want. I've heard something about EXP quests, can you possibly point me to where I can learn more about these? I can't seem to find them at all. Thanks for the explanation on WoE! Icon_smile

GM-Aki Wrote:Welcome to the server! Very nice intro

As for the choice of char, I'll let our players fight it out XD

Have fun!

Thanks! I guess the GMs here really are active! Icon_biggrin

mahawirasd Wrote:anywayyyyy i think i've come to realize that the easiest and cheapest thing to do PvE is to go TK (taekwon) and then TKM or SG (TK master or Star Gladiator)...
they need next to no equips yet they can provide constant stable damage. Just go high agi for flee (running 10 gives 100 def piercing damage + warm wind = win) and you're set for soloing most anything (except for really high end dungeons that really need parties)...
Just kill porings and stuff until you get a bit of money and then hunt zeroms till you get their panties then buy an undershirt (or kill some pasanas if you've reached 60+ already) and you're basically set. You'll probably get some matyr leashes along the way, those are pretty good for the stat bonus and would sell easily as it is used in a custom quest...

oh, and keep those low level cards for the hatter quest or sell them to ppl for ~400k (current market price, subject to change naturally)... not all of them are hatters, but poring cards definitely are and they drop at 0.15% while most other cards drop at 0.03%

Hmm, I'll definitely look into that. The problem is, I've only started reading on all these "new" jobs. Back then, the only jobs available were Swordsman, Thief, Mage, Acolyte, Archer, Merchant, and their 2-2 job counterparts. xD

Thanks for the useful info! Icon_smile
Reference URL's