heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Two Taekwon Mission-related suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Two suggestions.)

Any ranked taekwon knows how annoying it is to get a mission that cannot be done. The Fabre (training grounds version) is the perfect example, but there's a lot more. Also, Trial of Heroes MVPs probably shouldn't be there either...

Now, I don't know if there's any way to prevent specific monsters to be assigned as a mission... As far as I know, all the monsters in the database can be assigned, including MVPs - but I'm not a scripter or anything, so I don't know if something can, or cannot be done. So my suggestion is to remove all monsters that don't spawn normally on maps, including ToH bosses, from the list. I guess MVPs and minibosses should stay, considering they spawn normally and all... but who would bother to kill 100 Vocals anyway?

My second suggestion is to add a Taekwon Mission resetter. Let's say you're participating in a dead branch party and accidentally kill a monster you're not supposed to kill or don't want to kill, such as a miniboss, or Angry Fabre, or whatever... you're screwed. So I suggest the possibility to reset a mission (remove all kills in the current mission), in exchange for zeny (something mildly high like 500k), item gathering or whatever.
TK Mission spam is its own resetter, and there's a healer to help you recharge SP to keep it spamming. That would suffice for the situation imho.
I think OP meant if you accidentally kill a monster that doesn't spawn on its own, only by means of DB and such. It happens. :S
At the same time there's no way it can possibly be added in a way that doesn't just allow for TK mission spammers to just pick a new one... I can't properly get my opinion across lmao.
If you kill the targetted monster even once, you can't change it anymore. Let's say your target is Ghoul (which happens to be the non-spawn version), and you accidentally kill one during a dead branch party without noticing, you're stuck, having to kill 99 more of them. It can't be changed anymore after you have killed one. You're stuck with it.

What I suggest is for the mission resetter to bring the kill count back to 0, so that you can go back to spam Taekwon Mission as normal if you've killed one without meaning to.
1. what Ayu said

2. perhaps a proper TK would be prudent enough not to enter any DB parties without first killing 1 or more of his preferred target...

-w-
Still it'd suck if you finished 200+ missions to stay in the ranks and then during a db party you happen to screw it up...
Whole char for nothing
2000 kills for nothing
because you are going to get pushed off the list...
Reference URL's