heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Won't be ingame for a very, very long time.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just got accepted into JobCorps!??Whoopee!

For our Canadian friends, JobCorps is a vocational institute offered by the US Department of Labor at no cost to its attendees.??For those Canadians who aren't our friends, JobCorps is a vocational institute offered by the US Department of Labor at no cost to its attendees.??:D?? For Americans, ...You should already know about JobCorps.??[Image: Er.gif]

I'll be learning carpentry, getting my high school diploma, and obtaining my driver's license!??However, I leave on Tuesday, I'll be gone for at least eight months, and they discourage bringing personal computers.??It's not absolutely prohibited, but I wouldn't have Internet access anyway, so it'll remain at home after it comes out of pawn.??They do have computer labs, so I'll be hopping in the forums every now and then as usual to check in on all you naughty, misbehaving heroes--however, much less often than usual.??=p

...Yes, I'll be 25 in three weeks and I've no driver's license or high school diploma.??Shup.??D:??There's a lot of things I've yet to obtain; and I have a GED I just don't feel it's good enough for me.
You know... Age isn't everything... And where do you get off making such accusations anyway???Can't some people just go off and do their own thing for a while???Huh?!
You know, it's people like you that have brought the world where it is...--er???Oh!??Oh yeah!??Mad

So, nothing is really going to change, I just felt I'd inform everyone who cares (which is no one!??:D ... Icon_cry ) of my situation.

While I'm gone I'm putting GM-Pandora in charge.??I feel she's earned it.??You guys be nice to her, she's new at this.??Calling her Panda makes her feel welcome.??Everyone say "Hi, Panda!??[Image: Emote_bo.png]"????[Image: Meh.gif]

There.??Now everything is in order.??I trust you little heroes to be good for Panda.??If not, Aki has adhesives and Ayu has superior knowledge of mathematics.??I can only imagine what happens when you combine their powers.??Evil

See you in...Well...Immediately after this post...But, come Tuesday you will see me when I see you!
...Oh, and you'll know it is me...
You'll know.
o_o
/cackle

...My brother just asked me how to spell "Canadia"
..."You know - where Canadians come from..." Sweat
... They... discourage.. PCs while offering highschool diplomas?
Do they expect you to do assignments that never touch the net? oO Wow.

Have fun and all.
Remember; When running people over, Style points are worth way more than target points!
Bwaha.

I don't even know you, but you certainly seem interesting enough. I've just recently started playing heRO again, so it's a shame that you're leaving soon. Definitely understand the situation, though. I'm 21, myself, and I've neither of those things. The diploma because the school board and I didn't so much care for each other, and they refused to give it to me even though I'd technically graduated. The license.. well, that's all me. :3

Anyway~
Sounds like a fun time. Hope you enjoy yourself.

Oh, and build yourself a wooden car. Sure, maybe it won't be as durable, but when you hit people you'll have the added bonus of splinters.
Ellie has the right idea; Style points, man. Style points. :D
awh that sucks. i guess i'll have to wait 8 months before i can actually talk to you xD;

oh well. i hope this helps you get your life on track. good luck.
Yeah, my dad died my freshman year and my mom had been estranged since I was a baby as she wasn't mentally fit to care for children (schizophrenic momma - fun times).??Not only would I have quit anyway as his death rendered me homeless, but when I went to his funeral I was gone for five days and they told me I had been absent too long and declared me "NG" (No Grade).??Oh My God
"Your dad's dead.??You fail."??LoL

The license thing is about the same.??Never had the chance.??I know how to drive I just lack experience.

They discourage PC's because of the crowd JobCorps attracts.??It's mostly high school drop outs and people ordered by the court.??They don't want to be held liable for any "luxury items" (as they deem a laptop) being stolen or damaged.??They also told me it's not recommended to bring my guitar, but they can take a big one of these.<--Kiddies no click
I can live a year without my own personal computer, but I'll forget how to play guitar in that time!??xD

Got it - style points.??Is there a multiplier for style+target hits???Like, say I clip an old lady with the rear-view mirror, snapping her fake hip which causes her to fall over into traffic.??The car behind me hits her and knocks her ten feet in the air for twenty feet.??She lands on top of the walker with the walker now on its side and beginning to slide very quickly downhill.??She then luges all the way down a quarter-mile-long hill with a moderate grate causing her to gain speed very quickly.??To avoid running through the intersection at the bottom of the hill she veers right and the walker hits the curb, catapulting her into a pond.

Do I still only get points for clipping an old lady???Laugh

Kelta, I'm on MSN right now and I don't leave for five days (though I'll be gone this weekend).??You can talk to me 'til then and we can keep correspondence.??So long as you PM me here in the forums I'm likely to get the message and reply.??If you E-mail me all is lost.??Ok
You have to wait until I'm done with my potty break, though, for I must use the facilities!??...And use them I will!??/cackle
Oi, school boards suck. You could have taken legal action, likely, but I can understand why you didn't. I should have, too, but I refrained.

My problem was the other way around, though; I nearly died from a barely existent immune system and a couple of illnesses piling on top of each other simultaneously. Not a fun combo. Could barely tie my shoes, had to be helped around everywhere, etc. etc. Long story short, I was forced into home schooling because frankly I just wasn't mobile enough for high school. I graduated two years early, breezing through the work -- my body may have been nerfed, but my brain was still kickin' -- however the school board didn't like it. They didn't like that I was finishing early, and they didn't like the home school I was going through. So they tried to send me back to public school.. but in the 9th grade, since that was the last time I had been. I suppose it was three years early, then. Oh well. Anyway.

Naturally I said no, and they withheld approval for my diploma.

The license thing is pretty much identical. I can drive, but not legally, and I'd rather not take the chance. Especially now that I have a car to be driving.

As for the style points..
Well, that's a good start. Work a waffle iron and a snorkel in there somewhere and I think you'll be set.
Okay, instructor tells me to turn right but I ignore him because I'm Tweeting to all my faceybook myspace friends that I'm currently behind the wheel of a thousand pounds of destruction with the worlds largest douche in the seat next to me.??The entire time I'm saying what I type so loudly he has to attempt to shout over me to tell me to turn right.

I keep going straight and jump the curb.??People who notice jump out of the way but I catch a group of business people sitting at a table at a sidewalk cafe off guard while they negotiate the finer points of a business deal.??The sound of flesh and wood against the car directs my attention away from the phone long enough to see that I'm about to take out an entire row of sidewalk cafe tables; but it's okay because I'm veering slightly right and by the time I reach the tables I'll barely clip the first while avoiding the rest.??So, naturally, I merge left.

A miraculous dance of mayhem ensues as splinters of wood, shards of ceramic and glass, droplets of soda, and chunks of food rain down upon everyone I've missed, glittering in the sunlight.??One of the business people I hit is on the hood of my vehicle.??I brake suddenly and the crest of a hill and he flies for about forty feet before bouncing on the sidewalk below and rolling to a stop, leaving a lovely brushstroke of foodstuffs in his wake.

I turn to the instructor and ask, "So, my tweetyfacespace friends wanna know if I passed."??:D
Like a multiplier? I suppose it could.
But first, you need to get the simple "windshield roll" down pat. You hit them, and they bounce up the windshield and over the top of the car with the correct testing dummy look.

.. I'm a horrible person. We actually have real comversations like this in cars, Usually with horrid high school kids who think it's cool to walk in front of cars.
Of course! You're driving or riding in a car and you constantly cal out, "50 points for the jogger, double if you dodge the stroller!" "Jaywalker challenge! 200 points that decrease by ten for every foot he advances (highest possible score is 10*width of the street in feet. 5-lane boulevards have godly point values =p)!" "School special! You have until everyone gets to safe ground to earn 1000 points per student!"

It's only normal. ...For me anyway. The "actual" Oxford definition of the word may differ from my own. =p
Jaywalkers and teenagers are very few points each. They make it far too easy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's