heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Online Radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty much what the title says. Icon_razz How about a online radio for the website? Not hard to setup and the price for a host is kinda cheap depending on where you go.

You can have contests or giveaways on the radio to those who listen in. Like maybe the first poster on a thread on the forums, or first to PM the DJ (or Mod/GM [lol crashing 'cause of rush of PMs]) in the game.

Have certain times when certain DJs play, and when no one is playing have a playlist running. And the DJs don't have to have amazing mixing skills, just have to entertain people and have good music. (Good idea if they have never DJ'd before, or are starting to get into DJing, to keep the different genres to one or three per DJ. In my experience, having someone mix genres together is a BAD idea unless they know how to [aka wedding DJs and such].)

Yes, I am suggesting this because I am a DJ myself. ;P If you like the idea and need DJs, I work for free for online radios. Not in it for the money, just love to mix for people.
Sounds nice, but also a lot of work for something outside of the game, I'm sure the suggestion is appreciated, but maybe not realistic.
This could be done with the Ventrilo account we have set up....but seeing as no one cares for it and no one wants to set up material or discussions, it's likely never gonna fly in Hero
So... how would it work? Just constantly play music the whole time on the radio? Icon_neutral
Motenai_Ronin Wrote:This could be done with the Ventrilo account

Noooo, I've learned that Ventrilo + music can = bad.??Hell I didn't even know there is a Ventrilo server for this.??I might get on.

Huntress Wrote:Sounds nice, but also a lot of work for something outside of the game, I'm sure the suggestion is appreciated, but maybe not realistic.

It's not that much work really, and it could work, but I don't expect this to pass. Icon_razz??I just thought it would be cool to have a radio for this server too.

Galt Wrote:So... how would it work? Just constantly play music the whole time on the radio? Icon_neutral

Well they could do 1 of 2 things. One would be have a playlist on the actual server always playing, and when a DJ connects it fades into the DJ. Two is just turning off the radio when no one's playing. Basically number two would just be something for giveaways/weekly entertainment.
Guy, its a cute suggestion but we have/had? a player based ventrilo for the server and from what I hear, you can hear the flies fly on it Icon_sad The idea of a radio is a bit much.
We used to have KoL music nights on Vent sometimes.
Problem is, even with direct input sound, it still is fuzzy and laggy and ikky on the receiving ends.
Reference URL's