heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: I Used To Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some old pictures from high school art class I thought I'd share with you guys. They're posted in order from oldest to newest, but all were completed in the space of one school year (for an art book project. Icon_razz)

Unfortunately, my imagination isn't particularly vibrant. All of these were done by looking at something and copying it onto paper.

Image 1 - We were asked to draw a portrait of ourselves as a fictional/historic character we admired. I picked Merlin, and basically just drew my head onto the body of a picture of him I found.

Image 2 - A bald eagle. The model for this was a sculpture-puzzle thing that decorates my room to this day.

Image 3 - A wall-hung display cabinet which used to reside in our dining room. No idea where it is now.

Image 4 - A chessboard mid-game. I like to think of it as such anyway. I actually just arranged the pieces pretty randomly, as I have little skill in the game. Who's winning?

Image 5 - This decorative goblet used to belong to Silk. Like the cabinet, it vanished without notifying me.

Image 6 - This came from a drawing that was done up during the planning of our house. The garage never made it past editing.

Image 7 - I copied this boat from a photo. It's my favorite, as it's the only one in which the environment around the focus is anything more than an afterthought.

Image 8 - A violin, copied from a picture found on the internet. The shadow behind it was my ill-conceived attempt to add a background. (My teacher would deduct points for my frequent lack of peripheral detail.)

I've barely drawn anything since, and what I have done in the years between has been cartoon-style stuff, which I'm not all that good at, and thus would rather not show here. However, as I plan on buying a tablet soon, I hope I'll be able to change that, and get back into realistic-style things again too, so that maybe I'll have more stuff to show you guys in the near future.
Slate was a realsim artist Ok
Slate Wrote:A chessboard mid-game. I like to think of it as such anyway. I actually just arranged the pieces pretty randomly, as I have little skill in the game. Who's winning?

No one wins until the end of the game, Slate. My Chessmaster friend may seem like he's losing initially, but he dominates the end game. Evil
Sepharius Wrote:
Slate Wrote:A chessboard mid-game. I like to think of it as such anyway. I actually just arranged the pieces pretty randomly, as I have little skill in the game. Who's winning?

No one wins until the end of the game, Slate. My Chessmaster friend may seem like he's losing initially, but he dominates the end game. Evil
yea, I always freak out when I lose my queen, but it's just another piece, just like a pawn.
Beautiful :shock:
Wow I'm amazed at the House and Boat drawings. Things like that I never was very good. The boat is nice and detailed. No1
okay now picture 7 is really good :O at least some one shows some dcent work!! No1
Yeah. I keep telling him he shouldn't have stopped drawing. If those were 4 years ago, imagine what he could have done by -now-.
Damn it bread keep drawing or no nameless party for u Icon_smile
Kenshiro-san Wrote:Beautiful *insert frost*:shock:

lol i just had too, been playing wow recently
>>
<<
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's