heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Trying the server out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, y'all. Name's A.J., a citizen of the Philippines.

Here's me to try this server. Free official servers (in my country at least) are overloaded with botters and due to that never-can-be-again-controlled issue, most rare drops were removed, and I'd have to spend to get them. It's not worth it.
And high-rate servers are a bore. I want to actually work on leveling my character in a low-rate server.

So anyone mind giving me a brief and possibly short description of the server? Like...
Will my location cause any lag? (I hope not, though)

Thanks a bunch in advance to everyone.
Your location shouldn't cause you lag. heRO has a lot of custom stuff, which is explained in more details on the wiki for the most part. There's lots of wings with special stats and such, an allegiance (light/dark), a big monthly event called Trial of Heroes, a custom area (Muspelheim, which opens only on Mondays), several custom monsters...

Towns and dungeons can be warped to with the warp NPC... but first require to be saved by visiting the corresponding Save NPC, and paying some amount of zeny (depending on the area, it can range from free to 250k). There's also a lot of extra hairstyles requiring haircut coupons to use, said coupons being obtained from a small quest (or bought from players).

At this moment, the server is on its fourth anniversary, so there's a few special events and the rates are slightly increased for a few more days.
depending on whoever is on said location at the same time, it might lag you a bit (ex: prontera)...
and yeah being half a world away might affect delay just a fraction of a bit, but that delay gets multiplied manifold depending on the quality of your ISP.

customs info etc are in the forums and wiki. GL and HF!

-w-
Thanks for the info.
My ISP's speed is around 120kb/s. I'm quite satisfied with the speed, but I don't know if it's enough to not cause any connection problems.

Anyway, I guess I'm here to stay. Better abuse the increased rate now X_X I'm off to play (again)
Hey, it's that 3D trapezoid! Enjoy your stay on heRO. Icon_biggrin

Also, it's quite rare to meet someone like you XD... most pinoys that I know of usually tend to favor high/mid-rates more (they're also quite much PvP freaks as well).
thhers many pinoy here, im one. and im sure ur gonna luv ths server.. its the best low rate pserver ive played on :D
Galt Wrote:most pinoys that I know of usually tend to favor high/mid-rates more (they're also quite much PvP freaks as well).

Yeah, I know what you mean. I myself played MyRO once. I'm sure pinoys would know of it, seeing as it's the most popular pri-ser in the Philippines.

But what makes the difference is that I know what it's like to grind. And the VV Rocky Trip[0] is actually quite fun.
haha newbie player from the Philippines eh? me too Icon_razz and i see you've left because of practically the same reason i did (bots).

Well, lets do our best in this server! Hope you have fun and see ya around ^_^
Add to this thread the fact that your Sin hates my singing Icon_smile
Welcome to the server A.J. have fun exploring.
Reference URL's