heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: My Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all!

Considering server is on a reboot now, I will take my time to make some suggestions I wanted to do long time ago. I hope you like them!

ToH is too long as it is right now, so I was considering some options to make the time less and make it fair to most players, since we all know that lots of clases are favored for ToH and others just can't make it right. I know it's supossed to be a challenge, but I think it should be suited for casual players as well, so we all can enjoy it.

Last ToH I was in, the Trivia questions were just too hard, most of the questions nobody answered right and the ones that were answered... Only 10% knew. I think the questions should be made easier... Not a question 100% of players will answer right, but a question 50% will.

PvP is awful as it is, we all know the classes that will win at it. Maybe giving fixed equipment per class would not be a bad idea, so everyone gets more chances to do it in that trial.

Item Gathering map was too small for all the people signed for that trial, maybe improving the spawn or making 2 different maps can work.

Monster Trial was ok, no whining for that one.

Mass PvP battle is awful too. You can't use most skills because they hit your group mates, plus light side wins always since it's more populated.

How about changing the Mass PvP Battle to some kind of PvP checkers game? Light GM and Dark GM pick 12 players of each side each, in a map resembling a checkers board. Light side would be white and Dark would be black. The roll a dice to see who starts playing then the game starts. The Gm's move the players and when a player is next to other, the fight starts.

I have a lot of suggestions more but this is ok for now. so what do you all think?
These ideas are great. I totally support them. Unfortunatly, I think people have been talking about making ToH shorter and balanced for a looong time now, without any response from the heRO team.

I understand that ToH is Panda and the heRO team's baby, and it can be hard to take criticism. I know that it isn't easy to create and run an event like ToH. I think ToH is truly a wonderful idea and can be very fun and exciting, but the balance and time issues are big, biig, BIG problems for a lot of us.

I'm not saying it has to be super easy. It just has to be different kind of trials that arent kill-lots-of-things-as-fast-as-you-can-without-dying-or-getting-any-support, because that's clearly not for every class, or even most classes.

As for the Trivia, I think there should be more questions, easier questions, and less points awarded per question. This way you can ask about a wide variety of things that wont be totally biased and unfair (e.g. asking what a homunculus pet eats, thereby giving 10 points to all the creators who don't need more points in the first place.)

I think changing the Mass PvP to a top 12 light vs. top 12 dark players PvP is an awesome idea. It would make it more fair, interesting, fun, and and RP-friendly. (Why would random legions of Erebros and followers of Hestia duke it out so messily when they can select their 12 finest warriors to wage the fight?)

Anyway, I sincerely hope the heRO team can consider this feedback and make ToH even greater! No1

Edit: Maybe it would just be best if they changed ToH to a once-a-month quest to get ToH wings that's really difficult and involves custom zones n such that change each month. But I think I'mma get flamed for suggesting ToH be changed so radically xD
I like all of your suggestions except the choose 12 players for Mass Pvp. I don't exactly want someone else fighting for my points for me. Its bad enough when Pvp lasts 1-2 hours but in the event that I don't get picked for the Mass Pvp means I gotta wait even longer. Also, the people who are picked (which would probably be at random each ToH) may or may not receive positive feedback from their same sides, specially if they were to lose.
Yeah I see Aneko's point, I would imagine they would get flamed pretty hard for losing. I have yet to participate in the event, mainly because I can't attend most of the time...but also due to the fact that it is so long that I don't even feel like attending.
It would be possible to make more than one team. Depending on the amount of people you could make three teams or even more. The difference between each sides amount of participating players is the most troublesome part. Since we have many more people on the light side, it would be wise to have some of the dark players fight in two parties (still they get only the ToH points for winning once). Maybe make P/HPs leaders and let others join via rolling the dice?
I think it would be easily possible to get this kind of thing done if you think it through and??the idea itself is great.
Yeah, the Changing-Mass-PvP-into-specific-numbers PvP idea can be played with till we find a winning system No1
Lol, casual players. I'd go to a high rate if I wanted things to be easy.

Trivia is not trivia if everyone knows it. Or half, for that matter. That's why it (should) typically progress from easy to hard.

I can't comment on PvP. I don't go because I know I suck at PvP, lulz. However, reading guild chat in today's ToH... made me laugh.

Unfortunatly, anything that has to do with killing monsters is automatically geared towards Snipers. So naturally, you have a everyone's alt Sniper (and a few mains) pop in and start KS'ing the whole lot. A bigger map or more maps doesn't solve anything unless the item requirements along with it, and then you get people whining about how the item reqs are too high, and how Snipers are STILL owning it.

Monster Trial I think I commented on in some other thread. It's not a gimme, it's a trial.

Mass PVP lives up to it's expectations. Mass, meaning whole lots of people, and PVP, which is um... PVP. The only problem is each side killing their own, which would be easier to deal with (although not eliminating the problem) if we had more distinctive palettes.
I don't think anyone's asking that ToH be made "easy" or a givaway.

We're asking for it to be more balanced, fair, and less frustrating and ridiculously long.

You can do that and still make it a challenge that only players 95+ with good equips can achieve.
Ideally, Monster can be as short as 1.5 hours (that's really pushing it) to 2 hours.

Unfortunately, cheaters make this a bit less expedient. Bugs crop things up (no fault to the players) and people D/C all the time (like me).

Item is a set time limit, and we even get extensions regularly because of the sheer number of people there.

Trivia is... well it's trivia. *shrugs* So is Mass PVP.

So perhaps the options for reducing time is dropping a trial or have less people attend?

-----

Put a person in a room full of pissed off monsters. What class do you pick?

Did you pick Sniper? Good, 'cause they're REALLY GOOD AT KILLING MONSTERS, of which there are A LOT of in ToH.

Do you say, put in a battle priest? Maybe if it's well geared, and you're really mentally prepared.

Hell, let's just not talk about classes. Let's bring in a similar concept, reflecting Valk to death. Is that fair / balanced? Maybe, maybe not. Who cares?

It's the easiest way to kill it, given the server environment. Adapt, or don't. It's all fine and dandy you want to take a Baby Sage and pwn Item + PVP, until you find out it really sucks at both of those. Still wanna take it? Adapt your gears and playstyle, or GTFO.
Wow, thanks for making this a drama thread. Who made you the Voice of ToH?

If the creators of ToH, namely Panda and the heRO team come out and tell us that ToH is *supposed* to be about making a sniper to get your wings, then I will shut up and begrudgingly make my sniper, or give up on ToH completely.

But until then, I'm going to ask them to try to make ToH more balanced because it is my belief that they didn't intend to make ToH a sniperfest, but rather a challenge for *all* high-end players of heRO.

So let's please stop the drama and wait for the GMs to get a chance to reply Icon_smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's