heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Poring Event Rule Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I propose that should a poring event be held again in the interest of timing and fairness that any poring killings be outlawed and that there will be no resing during the entirety of the event. And that for every kill there is an egg point taken away at the end.

Taming is independent of hp so there is absolutely no reason to attack a poring and thus there is no reason for the non aggressive animal to kill you.

The advantages would be that we wouldn't have to wait on the people that constantly die and no one would get an unfair advantage from a random unripe apple drop. This would make the game go much faster and much fairer and thus much smoother.
Actually you have better chance of taming a monster if you damage it first.
Captain Usopp Wrote:Taming is independent of hp so there is absolutely no reason to attack a poring and thus there is no reason for the non aggressive animal to kill you.

Yeah, to reiterate what Panda-sama just said, this is false. Chances of successful tame go up when the mob's hp goes down, like pokemon Ok

There's always a small chance of cheating in Poring Tame, but I believe it is still one of the most stable and effective novice events we have. (Though MANEATER and PORING SMASH will always be better Icon_twisted ) Even if an event doesn't go your way, it's best to still have fun with it.

At my first Poring Tame event I actually caught two people cheating (dropping their poring eggs so the other could pick them up and win). But I didn't take any screenshots so the GM leading the event couldn't do anything about it. However, I still had fun and didn't give up. Then at another Poring Tame where there was no cheating, I ended up getting first place Icon_biggrin
If *really* need to, can make a fabre egg with a fabre tame and make all of these related items be untradeable undroppable and turn poring tame into bug catching... kind of a lot of work for a small upgrade to an already small event though.

It's probably a reason why poring taming doesn't give a good prize to the winner to begin with ^_^;
Reference URL's