heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Mission board.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might just be me but isnt the mission board a little hard to set up when posting? i know i tried a few times just set a mission and spent more time trying to find the right item number then actually going out and hunting them. If you don't agree im sorry and i don't want to attract ridicual for asking this but i feel there should be a simplified way of posting a mission.
I don't really see a better way of posting anonymous missions than using the correct item ID though...

Or you post the full name of the item, as well as the poster's name. But then it doesn't stay anonymous anymore.
Ya know your right about the privecy thing but still coulden't we just put the item Name in the box?
The item ID links it straight to the database. Each item has only one ID, and each ID has only one item.

The item name database can be fussy. Names are different, slotting it not written as [1],[2], etc, and if an item has a space in it (we'll use Item Name as an example), sometimes it would have to be written as Item_Name to be recognised. At others, "Item Name" or even Item Name.

IDs are also at max, 5 numbers long, leaving far less space for spelling errors.
There's also examples of some items which simply share a name but not an item ID. It's not that hard. Just use @ii [item name] and then type it in.
I wasent aware of the @ii command well thank you this does help.
Reference URL's