heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: heRO Full Installer Contains Virus?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I tried two times to download the heRO full installer onto one of my computers. I own a lot of computers mmhm, but anyway when trying to download this time I each time had my virus scanner say it contained malware at the end of the download and would not allow it onto this computer.

I am on a Windows7 machine.
I am wondering if anyone else is having issues with full installer lately.
i typically don't go for the full installer as i am never able to fully download it before it craps out on me.

i generally use only the mini installer and ragray. seems to work easily enough for me.
Which anti-virus are you using?
Some of them go skitz over the most un-virus things.

Looking at you AVG and Sophos. Deleting my BattleNet simply because it changes registries. >>
My parents are using CA Antivirus, it could be freaking out due to that too, I was thinking of disabling it next time I try to download.
Dunno, on vista every time you try to patch or connect to a server, says that an unauthorized program is trying to access your computer if it doesn't recognize it. Might be mis-judging that as malware or something.
Its probably just a false positive in that antivirus software. It happens. If it was really a virus there a lot more peoples antivirus programs would have reacted and they would have posted about it here.

If you really want to be sure scan it with some different antivirus software on another computer. If it doesn't react don't worry about it and just install it.
Reference URL's