heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: I Am Totally Curious!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been very curious of a particular phenomenon I noticed not just on heRO, but on the internet and at schools all around.??Now, I'm willing to give the crazy Otakus of heRO a chance to explain to me why they do this.??

Why do some of you mix your Japanese with your English so much???

I know we joke and sometimes mix our words in our sentences, but I have noticed more of this behavior from those that claim to be "otakus."??Do you guys believe it makes you sound more culturally knowledgeable about Japan or is there some sort of crazy peer pressure within the social group to do this that I could be entirely unaware of???Provide me reasons please if you are one who does this or has in the past.

I have lived in Japan but still never caught on with this phenomenon.??Its not even like the Japanese are sometimes different about this sort of thing, constantly and stupidly mixing English in with their Japanese (or heck even other languages to string sentences together that they think somehow sound cool).??So I guess I'm curious what it is for you that makes you do it.??

PS: Troll me and die. Icon_evil
Edit: Found and fixed some fat typos I missed proof-reading.
BOT

I am curious as well, why do people do that? Icon_suprised
I only throw in Japanese with my English because it amuses me.

Icon_neutral

Knowing a few words of another language does not exactly make you culturally knowledgeable. If anyone has any objections to this, do say so, and why.
Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Ayu will ban you if you tell her she can't say Uguu
Motenai_Ronin Wrote:Just throwing in my 2 cents.

Ayu will ban you if you tell her she can't say Uguu
But then again, you have to wonder: was "uguu" a Japanese word to begin with? Or is it just another generic sound that a person can make more akin to a groan?
My two cents. If don't want something like that on main, request for that nicely. Don't "stfu" them 'coz you're gonna be one of those guys tainting the perfect image of heRO.

@uguu
It's not a Japanese word, but it was coined by an anime character, so people might assume it's Japanese.
I only string along palabras en espa~ol when I dont know know la traducion of the word I need to use, and even then I only do it if someone who can translate is paying attention or the person I'm talking to -directly- knows spanish.

As for the people who do it on purpose I'm assuming its something similar to using |_33+ +0 +`/|>3 8|_|+ 1 \/\/0|_||)|\|`+ know, that being-> amusing yourself by loling at everyone who doesnt understand you.

ps. "leet to type, but I wouldnt"
I throw it in to make fun of people who use it in their English-desu.

Though, during my Teenage years, I was guilty of doing it thinking it was a normal and cool thing, and as I grew older my views have changed. And Now I Have no clue why I used to do it, but I assume I was trying??to make sense of the language that I heard when watching Subbed anime, so??if I heard it elsewhere, i could make a connection-Dattebayo (damn dub made it "BELIEVE IT!" instead of "Dattebayo").
Joe you trolled my topic...I outta kill you like I said, but then I realized if anyone was going to troll my topic it'd be you or Nicole first! :O
Because Japan is super kawaii and knowing six words makes you omg awesome sugoi desu.

I don't know, even as I teenager I never really got into it... the suffixes added on, in moderation and somewhat correctly, are all I can really tolerate >___<
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's