heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Herman Needs Help....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesh yesh...

As some of you know, I am living in Korea currently. I am getting by with my only at-home entertainment being RO (basically the only thing my laptop can run) and watching TV.. but its all starting to get a bit old when I'm not out with friends and stuck in for a weekend because I spent all my money partying on my birthday week.... oops =p

So I need opinions... buy a PC for real gaming with newww games.. Or an Xbox360? I enjoy RPGs and FPS most, but aside from RO, my gaming knowledge really isnt that great.

Im not sure if anyone will have any thoughts, but I keep going back and forth between the two and maybe someone can help me become confident in one or the other.
How do you feel about pirating?
Last time I went on an adventure with Pirates, I never made it home.. but it was fun ^_^.

Does that answer your question?
Basically, Computer costs more, but if you pirate you get more bang for your buck and more options.

If not, probably should go console. 360 having the biggest library of decent games seems the way to go. <3
Manifus, you and I both know the playstation 3 is superior -cough-.

Actually, I rather enjoy both systems...but the playstation 3 is getting a S-load of brand new games in the next few months, and throughout the year. Namely: Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, TNA 2010, and a lot of others.

Ps3 has free online gaming, a decent community, a lot of rpg games and shooters, and a good choice of pay for download games in the PsN store. It even has a web browser, so yeah Icon_smile It can play blueray movies too.

Xbox 360 has a more 'serious business' online community, a more dedicated fanbase to the games they have, a ton of shooters and such if thats your forte', and a bit more order to the way things are in the 360's main menu and online deals. No web browser though, (as far as I know), and you have to pay for xbox live to play your games online. One major thing I like about the 360 over the ps3, is it's capability to play music -while- you are playing a game on it. The ps3 can only play music when you're not playing, which is a bit annoying to me.

Besides that, if you know what you are doing...and understand how to avoid trouble, you could just get a newer PC and totally not download free versions to play without ever paying a dime. More bang for your buck, as Manifus said- but its also totally not illegal Whistle

If I had to choose, I'd go with the newer PC. But, then again...if you have buddies you enjoy hanging with- get a 360 (And Halo, honestly...you can't have an xbox without it.) to have fun killing each other. The ps3 has multiplayer games, and a good online choice for games...but its not exactly a hook four controllers up and kill each other console. Its better for 2 player games, and playing by yourself.

Hope I helped a bit there. :]
takhara Wrote:Manifus, you and I both know the playstation 3 is superior -cough-.
Just because I chose the PS3 doesn't mean it is the 'superior gaming console' ;p

takhara Wrote:Actually, I rather enjoy both systems...but the playstation 3 is getting a S-load of brand new games in the next few months, and throughout the year. Namely: Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, TNA 2010, and a lot of others.
*cough* yeah I haven't heard of half those games, save FF13 and GoW3. Speaking of which, FF13 is on the 360 also. so...

takhara Wrote:Ps3 has free online gaming, a decent community, a lot of rpg games and shooters, and a good choice of pay for download games in the PsN store. It even has a web browser, so yeah Icon_smile It can play blueray movies too.
There is a reason it is free. :x
Also there are NOT a lot of RPGs on the PS3, especially good ones. Xbox has the market for that at the moment. Also as far as shooters go, I don't know of many that are PS3 exclusive besides MAG. Care to elaborate?

As for blu ray... that is more of an excuse to get it, gamers don't care for blu ray, we still have DVD that works fine, just fine!

takhara Wrote:Xbox 360 has a more 'serious business' online community, a more dedicated fanbase to the games they have, a ton of shooters and such if thats your forte', and a bit more order to the way things are in the 360's main menu and online deals. No web browser though, (as far as I know), and you have to pay for xbox live to play your games online. One major thing I like about the 360 over the ps3, is it's capability to play music -while- you are playing a game on it. The ps3 can only play music when you're not playing, which is a bit annoying to me.

Besides that, if you know what you are doing...and understand how to avoid trouble, you could just get a newer PC and totally not download free versions to play without ever paying a dime. More bang for your buck, as Manifus said- but its also totally not illegal Whistle

If I had to choose, I'd go with the newer PC. But, then again...if you have buddies you enjoy hanging with- get a 360 (And Halo, honestly...you can't have an xbox without it.) to have fun killing each other. The ps3 has multiplayer games, and a good online choice for games...but its not exactly a hook four controllers up and kill each other console. Its better for 2 player games, and playing by yourself.

Hope I helped a bit there. :]

I also heard there was a place to get PS3 games for free, but I'm not sure if I'd be willing to do that... So Tak, I take it you have a PS3, I demand to know your game library!
Reference URL's