heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Religious Guilds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it was suggested in another thread and I was talking about it with some guildies. I was initially against the idea but then I thought it could be a recruiting tool. I mean if we had religious sides people might feel more comfortable going to their place of warship and trying to get other, like minded individuals, to join their guild. So that they could take the castle from those bloody infidels. And as I said, this is either a brilliant idea or crazy, as it could definitely bring a lot of problems. So the vote is simple, brilliant or crazy?Icon_biggrin
does that then not encourage religious division on the internet too, i mean its bad enough in the real world already as it is with everyone jihading or crusading or whatnot? i believe that it is a bad idea especially when brought into competitive grounds such as gaming. well my faith kind of forbid me from stopping people with crazy ideas to do crazy things as long as it does not cause any communal harm.

but honestly i think it is reckless to start recruiting for competitiveness with pretext of forming religious communities. faith is a personal spiritual choice, not a giant billboard.

i only support his idea on the understanding that it is a social based guild. if he is recruiting for woe then i would oppose it from the bottom of my heart.
Creating a religious guild for the sole purpose of recruiting other people of your faith to take castles is a horrible idea.??You have no idea how many people on this server are of what given religion.??I'm sure the best guild on the server - w/e it may be - has members of vastly different religions.??Then to take the name of Jesus, Yaweh, Jehova, Allah, Mohammed, Krishna, Shiva, w/e and begin a war on a game is just absurd.??I am quite sure it has been done; and I'm sure with disastrous results.

Sangha is for, at the moment, nothing but bringing together Buddhists and like-minded non-Buddhists.??So, in this sense it is brilliant.??I feel it would not be a bad idea to have some non-partisan Christian guilds out there.??The main thing we need to keep in mind in all of this, however, is proselytization.??It is not at all polite to tell someone that what they believe is wrong and if they don't believe in this certain faith then they will suffer whatever consequence that faith holds in store.

So long as we keep this barrier - to let everyone be who they are without interference - then I feel religious guilds are a brilliant idea.??No1

As for the future of Sangha; we will never be a WoE guild.??Perhaps we could come together and MvP or something.??This is the basis of the game - to have fun with other people.??However, my vision of the guild in the future is to only provide compassion and understanding for all the HeRO's.??Ok
just when you think something can't get any worse it does :3
To be quite honest I'm not bothered if people make religious/philosophical guilds for the purpose of discussing topics related to the religion or for people who are curious about the religion/philosophical idea.

I personally would not probably join one but I won't tell others that they can't.
Captain Usopp Wrote:...people might feel more comfortable going to their place of warship... So that they could take the castle from those bloody infidels.

DAMN THOSE BLOODY INFIDELS IN PRONTERA!

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!
Sakurato Wrote:just when you think something can't get any worse it does :3

Question Mark
Ultima_Pi Wrote:
Captain Usopp Wrote:...people might feel more comfortable going to their place of warship... So that they could take the castle from those bloody infidels.

DAMN THOSE BLOODY INFIDELS IN PRONTERA!

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!

+1 for lulz
Shut up
Hercules Wrote:Shut down the system

Welcome to rebellion, my brothah!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's