heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Invalid data?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm new to heRO and I downloaded the program yesterday. It wasn't opening at all then. In fact, it was freezing my computer. So today I redownloaded it and it took a while to open, but when it did, a message came up saying, "This file contains invalid data." (I tried opening it a few times and the message still came up)

What's going on and what do I do to fix it?

(My OS is Windows Vista)

Thanks~
Which program did you download, specifically?
The full installer one.
The full installer is unfortunately no longer compatible with the current running version of heRO. You'll have to download Ragray, since heRO uses some Renewal, or at the very least their graphics. Once you've downloaded it, install it and use the start menu list for Ragnarok Online to full patch all 3 versions (there should be Korean, Korean official, and Korean Renewal).

You'll also want to download the mini-installer, after you've installed Ragray. Install the mini-installer to the same folder you installed Ragray in, and if everything goes along smoothly, you should be able to get into the game (after quite a bit of patching).

I'd say at least set aside half an hour for everything to patch. Hope this helped you, if you have any more questions you can ask here.
Sometimes your internet will go on fritz and say: I give up here is your 'done' download even though it just kinda skipped part of the download. That usually happens if you have a slow connection vs a large download file, Or your server provider hiccuped somewhere. I just use the full installer with out a hitch and I see all the 'sprites' that others don't.
I'll try what you said, Sepharius. Thanks.

Nara, I've been having some issues with my internet for the past few days so maybe that could be it. I'll try redownloading it again and if it doesn't work, I'll go with Seph's idea.
GM-Nara Wrote:Sometimes your internet will go on fritz and say: I give up here is your 'done' download even though it just kinda skipped part of the download. That usually happens if you have a slow connection vs a large download file, Or your server provider hiccuped somewhere. I just use the full installer with out a hitch and I see all the 'sprites' that others don't.

I just stared at your new picture for a minute. Its adorable pwnage Ok
So I downloaded Ragray now, but whenever I try to open it this comes up:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/k...yerror.png
It's a torrent file (notice the .torrent?), and it uses the P2P based software to download it. You need to download uTorrent to be able to actually download it. It has a lot of seeds (people that upload data to you) and peers (people who are downloading alongside you, and have files you need so they upload to you), so you should be done in no time.

I assume that the redownloading of the file did not work?
Yeah a friend of my friend recommended downloading that so that's what I'll do. Thanks.

And nope, redownloading did not work. xD
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's