heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: McDonald ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
GM-Aki Wrote:Who: McDonald
How Long: Permanent
What he/she did: Using illegal software (WPE)

I'd like to remind players that the rules state, Failure to report a bug or abuse is considered a violation of this rule and the passives will be seriously punished.

I was wondering how and why he was dropping so many items so quickly in town.??I thought he was just quitting or something.??Seems he won't be coming back now anyway!??XD

I didn't get much of what he dropped since some guy was ruining everyone's fun by following McDonald really closely and spamming the Greed skill which made me mad; so, I decided to leave.??But if these items were illicitly conjured I'd still like to be honest and do away with them.??:3

Should I just drop them in a field, wait for a GM or can I keep them???:D
If the items need to be returned to the GM team because of a ban and if we look at previous history records, GMs will surely contact you *very very fast.* I'll keep it a few days not to trade it or sell it or use it up or anything whatever you got from the cheater, but if say by Friday there's nothing announced or no GM contacted you privately, then I guess that it's safe to say those items are now yours.
It was only a bunch of trout, guppies and unrefined elemental stones. A LOT of green lives. Even I got 40-something green lives with that Greedy guy running around stealing everyone's fun with his Greed. X_x

I don't mind if I don't get to keep them. I'd just sell them anyway since I need the money. Ok
and here I thought this thread was about banning the FastFood chain

though using illegal software and dropping free food is soooo not McDonalds

Ok
LoL - I was curious, too.

I'm not sure what to tell you in regards to the items, though.??I'd just take Namin?'s word.??She tends to know what she's talking about.??Ok
I dont like how when i asked on main How do you know if someones using a WPE. I got told pretty much to shut up and you dont need to know. Im curious so i know if i see it i can report it. Trying to be a better citezen you know. D:
WPE is obvious to the point where you don't need to know what it is and you will feel like reporting. Like what Aki said ingame, if it looks like something you cannot do (such as dropping 600 green lives 1 by 1 within 6 seconds), then report it and all well ends well.

All in all, you still don't need to know what it is.
I didn't even know what a packet editor was until I had to look up "WPE" after reading the ban notice.??lol

All I can tell you is that he dropped a LOT of items and he dropped them really quickly, too.??I kept asking how he was dropping items so quickly but no one could tell me.??He was dropping like 5~10 items at a time--individually and while walking.??With the Green Live drop he said he dropped 600 green lives. o_o

I warped into Pront to find the street full of trout and NO ONE seemed to notice.??So, I started picking them up and THAT's when everyone noticed!??XD

I got about 89 trout and I'm not sure how many guppies.??I know I got 49 green lives with his first stone drop because I had 44 until someone dropped five.??After the green live drop, though, he started dropping all different types of unrefined stones--which Mr Greedy stole.??>>
I suppose I can't be mad at Mr Greedy anymore.??I thought McDonald was just being nice and giving away all of his items in a really fun manner before quitting the server.??So Mr Greedy using Greed to steal the items away from the rest of us who had to walk and pick up each item individually made me mad.??Icon_evil
Now I know McDonald was just a hacker.??Laugh

/pat Bodom

It's fun to tell you to shush, but only if you aren't trying to be serious when I do. XP
Sometimes people are just jerks. :/
Oh. So that's what WPE meant. Was wondering that myself.
I'm sorry, Namin?, but that was quite condescending.??I think everyone has a right to know what a Winsock Packet Editor is.

This is taken from a website furnishing their download:

Quote:Winsock Packet Editor (WPE) [name of software removed] is a packet sniffing/editing tool which is generally used to hack multiplayer games. WPE [name of software removed] allows modification of data at TCP level. Using WPE [name of software removed] one can select a running process from the memory and modify the data sent by it before it reaches the destination. It can record packets from specific processes, then analyze the information. You can setup filters to modify the packets or even send them when you want in different intervals. WPE [name of software removed] could also be a useful tool for testing thick client applications or web applications which use applets to establish socket connections on non http ports.

So, you see, a "packet" is simply a name for a bundle of information sent between hosts (such as your computer and the server) which support the format.??Your computer sends out a packet requesting the information pertaining to the number of an item in your storage.??The packet comes back from the server with the number.??A WPE allows you to find these individual packets and edit whichever one you choose.??Thereby, you can change the incoming packet to say you have 600 green lives instead of 5 or none.

At least, this is my understanding.

It's for people who can't obtain items the honest way.??i.e.-For Cheaters.??Icon_evil

[EDIT]

I know I didn't do a very good job of masking the software name; but this is information anyone can find on any search engine.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's