heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Lag-I have solution, now need GM help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
okay i found out problem it was the priority of heRO on my task manger which is set to low, when i set it to normal it switches back to low, i was told that heRO has a script for this happening, if a GM could tell me how i could change this than thank you.

Previous Post

okay i believe i found out what my problem was, my RO was set to low priority via task manager and when i set it to normal i didn't lag, only thing is, is that it keeps switching it back to LOW !! dammit just when i had it all figured out ~_~ any ideas?

Previous Post

i dont know why but i have been lagging quite bad in RO lately and its a real pain, i am NOT using dial up btw and i have good enough computer to support RO idk if this is just me our not ~_~
and aswell i live in Canada BC which is another reason why idk~
Mostly likely linked to your ISP in some way.
Get a new isp maybe, better connection. Once the problem is solved nuke the guy/lady who caused it.
Wut is "ISP"?
Internet Service Provider. Who gets paid to give you internet access.
...........what operating system are you running on?
i don't think its my ISP cause i only lag in RO

AMD Athlon XP 2600+
1.91ghz
512mb of ram

Video Card:
Raedon 9600 SE AGP (128 mb)
I also have certain times of the day I only have lag on RO over. I play another game called Neo Steam, and I never lag during these same times if I were to log into it and play, and this game is definitely more graphically intense to run.

I also have great download speed if I were to instead try downloading something at this time. ALSO it is the SAME times everyday (2-4PM approx and 7-8PM approx). I have no one else on my network in my family either at these times and I will still lag.

I am not sure how it is necessarily my fault still if everything else I would possibly do around these times works just fine...<_>
the thing is....i always lag. well to be percise i only started experiencing this lag when i started to play heRO again which i havent for about a year
Could still be your connection even if its only "one game". Your ISP could have a good connection to most places, but that doesn't mean it has good connections to all places. Could be a bad router placed somewhere, or some bad planning so they let too much traffic be handled by the same hardware, or tons of other things.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's