heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Yay for Faulty BOIS updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ya ... I was having BIOS problems ... so as usual (Sunday night) I do a BIOS update and ... boo right in the middle of it ... BLANK SCREEN ... Icon_cry ... so ya I'm without a PC for a while unless I can recover this BIOS (I'll try later tonight) .... so see you guys ... someday ... Icon_razz

GM-Boomy

aaawww Icon_sad good luck!
I hate bios updates, so confusing... I always end up calling my IT cousin for help. XD
er what are BIOS update O.o?
When you first turn on your computer, it shows a black screen (usually) and it has system specs and stuff on it. That's your bios.
BIOS
Basic Input Output System
Where your computer loads information about your computer from a read-only memory (ROM) from the BIOS chip on the Mother Board. Generally getting your rapid access memory (RAM) installed, keyboard, hard disk drives (HDD), optical drives (CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, etc...), and floppy drives installed.
Usually BIOS upgrades are pretty straight forward.
But yeah if you screw it up your computer might not boot...
Which sucks arse
And they mght never boot again unless you can forcibily input your bios in your eeprom with a rom burner
Which I might add, is definately not fun. >=[
Pray for me....Im updating my bios as well!!

EDIT: all working fine!
oh i know that...never updated tho O.o is it important? XD
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's