heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: GENERAL chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why there isan't a General Chat thread is beyond me.
Probably because it would be too messy, I guess.
You can still create threads about what you want to talk though.
It's only a thread.

Also, the staff could always hire moderators to take care of the forums or any rule violators.

It's not that hard.
There's not even enough volunteers in game and you want to have moderators on forums ?
Anyone can do it. It's not rocket science, bro.
We keep the General Area as a subforum due to the simplicity for both GMs and players.
Multiple threads with significant titles make it easier for players to find that they are looking for, or something that will interest them.
It is also easier for them to find the responses that have to do with that they posted about, instead of trawling pages of unrelated posts.

If you mean why don't we have a General Chat Thread inside the General Chat forum... Well, those sorts of things are up to players to make if they wish, as long as it keeps within the rules.

I, personally, don't see the need for additional forum mods. Most unsavoury things get removed/warned about or punished for in far less than 12 hours.
And if we do happen to miss anything, players are always happy to use the Report Post function.
This is just a thread to talk about randoms. There is no such subject.

If that's cool with people, then let's have it?
So if I want to talk about something random, and then you do as well, and we have both posted in the same thread, how do I know what replies are aimed at me and what are aimed at you, and what are completely new random things that someone else wants to talk about...?

I prefer not to have the chaos of an overcrowded room...
The general chat forum is fine by me...
It makes more sense to me...
Why someone would want a single thread to talk about everything is beyond me...

Note: No Cookie Monster emotie means no sarcasm...
wow someone actually had a worse idea then me. it would be super cluttered with a general chat thread. and everyone know the last thing this forum needs is another reason to get bent out of shape between me and the arguments about updates this server has just about enough to get upset about. plus folks like me would troll this kinda format looking for anything that could provide me with a few minutes of entertaining dispute. all in all this idea gets 1 out of 5 nogashi's.
Xeke Wrote:So if I want to talk about something random, and then you do as well, and we have both posted in the same thread, how do I know what replies are aimed at me and what are aimed at you, and what are completely new random things that someone else wants to talk about...?

I prefer not to have the chaos of an overcrowded room...
The general chat forum is fine by me...
It makes more sense to me...
Why someone would want a single thread to talk about everything is beyond me...

Note: No Cookie Monster emotie means no sarcasm...

It is really quite easy to click one quote button, is it not? This thread would be fine without any chaos as long as you guys put up stuff others can relate too. And really, if someone talks about one thing and another guy goes up and says something completely irrelevant about what the other guy said, you can always multi quote to answer them both.

I know another RO forum where the general chat inside general chat has more than 400 pages, all done by an average of about 8 - 15 people who are active in the thread. It's what kept that forum alive-ish. I'm not sure if the activity on this forum will change with the addition of this thread, but that thread there was a successful thread amongst a dead forum.

Kari Nogashi Wrote:wow someone actually had a worse idea then me. it would be super cluttered with a general chat thread. and everyone know the last thing this forum needs is another reason to get bent out of shape between me and the arguments about updates this server has just about enough to get upset about. plus folks like me would troll this kinda format looking for anything that could provide me with a few minutes of entertaining dispute. all in all this idea gets 1 out of 5 nogashi's.

You would still be putting your opinion in it (Sort of). And I'm sure if you troll this place, there would always be that one person who would throw your argument to the ground and make your statement backfire thus making yourself look stupid.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's