heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Changing the log-in screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! In the video-review thread someone commented on the custom log-in that the reviewer had, and then said they had figured out how to do it. To not hijack that thread, here I am making my own!

If anyone could help walk me through the steps needed to get rid of that creepy gypsy I'd very much appreciate it! (Also if anyone could point me towards some good replacements, that'd be fantastic also)

Sorry for being so lazy and bugging you guys about it, just want to make sure I don't end up breaking the game doing something stupid.
It's not really hard to do, but it can be troublesome. I'll explain :

The files for the loading screens are located inside of the GRF, with the following folder path :
data\texture\?????????????

Each loading screen is 1024x768, but there's a problem : it's separated into 12 files, organized like this :
t_????1-1.bmp
t_????1-2.bmp
t_????1-3.bmp
t_????1-4.bmp
t_????2-1.bmp
to t_????3-4.bmp

Now, to replace the files, you have to use the same name for the folders and the files. starting with data, that should go into your RO Folder. For example :
C:\Documents and Settings\Fyrus Carmin\Local Settings\Application Data\Ragray\data\texture\?????????????\t_????1-1.bmp

I think I covered the most of it, now if you still have problems, I'll try to elaborate a bit more.
:x I did 800x600 split into 12 200x200 squares and it worked just fine.

Also, that only replaces one of the screens (The creepy Gypsy one that comes up more often) If you wish to do the other one as well, name the files t2_???? and follow the same organization :3
Well, the important parts are the 12 separated squares and the name path.
I didn't know a 800x600 worked, I did with what I've found in the GRF. Glad to know it also works.
So if I'm understanding this right... I can't just throw any background I want in there, renamed. I have to have it specially split up?
Is there a site somewhere, or like a section on RMS that I can't find, that has pre-packaged backgrounds to just plug into the folder?
You can put in any background, as long as you respect the name path and the splitted files.
I doubt any site have pre-packaged backgrounds, or at least, I never saw one.
Reference URL's