heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Re: New Homunculus Rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:- Dancing homunculi AI.
Recoding the AI to bypass game mechanics is considered cheating (e.g. skipping aftercast animations using the AI).
Things done manually are allowed (e.g. Use of Lif's skill, then rest and re-summon to bypass the cooldown delay).

That's NOT recoding the AI to bypass "game mechanics." In fact, it's using the AI to more efficiently take advantage of game mechanics. Archers can do it with double-strafing, monks can do it with occult impaction, etc. The dancing AI script is not abusing anything other than that it can do it better than most players.

I also have a logistics question as to enforcement of this rule. Since you can manually create the same situation by click-moving your homunculus one cell to the side each time it attacks, how will you enforce this rule? You say things done manually are allowed - so I assume that includes click-moving the homunculus after each attack. If it does NOT include that, then please add a rule that bans ANY class from using a "dancing" technique to bypass animation delays (many classes can/do use this).

Thanks! Icon_wink
So we have another wall banger rule now? Sweat
The rule has been removed until further notice. It will be reworked.

My apologies for the inconveniance.
Reference URL's