heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Moving Day = Abandoned Pets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It sickens me to know that my province (quebec) has the highest rate of animal abandonment during moving season. Why do people even bother getting pets if they will just dispose of them?? These are creatures that put their 100% trust in humans and this is what people do...

Show off your loved pets if you have any =D
THis is an ode to rescued animals! Here are my two baby boys:

[Image: 28255_441760134873_726314873_5773896_8277073_n.jpg]

He was rescued from a puppy mill
[Image: 28255_441760129873_726314873_5773895_2167858_n.jpg]
He was rescued from a neglecting owner. He has feather plucking issues but he is recovering well.
Will post as soon as I get pictures of them.??I have four cats (the oldest was from a pet shop, I think one was from a rescue, then the most recent two are from the local humane society) and three dogs (one was rescued, one was being given away by its owners because I believe they were moving, actually, and the most recent one was from a breeder). \o/

We also have four betta fish who I believe we rescued because Wal-Mart takes awful care of them, usually. ):

But yeah, it's awful when people abandon their pets period. They end up in hellholes or are put down, more often than not. There was a dog at the shelter (while we were still looking for a dog) whose fur was so matted, we couldn't even tell what breed he might have been. I'm assuming they had just recently brought it in, I didn't get a chance to look, but it was awful.

I really wanted a shelter dog, but mom wasn't too keen on the idea. Oh, well. Our new dog is sweet, and I have every intention of making up for it in the future, somehow.
My boyfriend and I had to get rid of our previous kitties because his mom was using it as a tool to take advantage of my him and try to get her way on at least a weekly basis (don't want to get into this just know it wasn't good for us). We ended up giving them to a friend who was moving away for the Navy, but wanted some pets to keep his wife company. Thankfully this has worked out for them and they still take care of our Lil Noodle and Leilee very well.

Once Jeff and I find a place to live, things keep coming up preventing us from that, we'll probably go adopt some cats from a shelter around here in Atlanta, there are tons of them here and it wouldn't be right to almost buy one from the store I feel.
I kinda feel Bad about this cuz when i had my dogs they where 3 2 pitbull pups and 1 cocker who has kinda older we have to give them all away cuz they once Break of a ball of some guys on the street . They were kids but the ball was Reduced to Drool and fabrics But im getting a dog for when imove out of my parents house :d
It sad for those who had to give their "kids" away. I refuse to leave my dog a a kennel bc I don't trust them. Instead I have a baysitter for him lol. I also have a kitty that I rescued from the streets. She was declawed and abandoned. I also help my local shelter by fostering dogs XD
Bring those pictures up guys. Show off your loving pup/kitty/bird/reptile/fish or any other species you would never break their trust!
Aww, that's so sweet. I'd love to foster dogs. x)

Maybe when I move out, I will.
Sorry I don't think we have any pictures of Lil Noodle and Leilee I can show you that are recent.

I might see if I can upload the stuff on our DSi to the internets at all and maybe I can show you them as kitties.
Aww..., should've taken pictures of all 4 of my dogs when i was at home a week ago. My Black had to be the most adorable thing i have, he's like my little brother, only smarter and doesn't leech on me.Icon_biggrin
Reference URL's