heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Hello.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a hasty introduction from me.

So hey, I've been playing RO for a while but I haven't played for half a year. My girlfriend and I decided to play again but it really depends on whether or not heRO will work for her. She's a mac user without bootcamp so we'll see whether or not the downloads work on her using Crossover Game.

Keep your fingers crossed :D
welcome to heRO :D +2 population wheee Icon_smile

hope it works Icon_biggrin
welcome to heRO. Icon_wink
i love your garfield signature RoChikita xD
ooh hi thar, i had the same issue when i started out here Ok

lucky i did my research from RMS and the server's website and really HeRO is GF-friendly... my then-GF-now-wife can attest to that No1

GL and HF!

-w-
Lol, apparently she can't connect to the server =S
If you're having trouble connecting when using crossover something similar to the fix in this guide might work too:

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=12183

Obviously has to be adapted since mac doesn't have the same firewall software. But if a redirection can be done the same way you should be able to get it going.
Yeah, I've gotten to the part where I'll need iptables. So I have to find an equivalent for the mac or its a no go.

*edit*

So tried once again to connect to the server rerouting it using ipfw but to no avail.

sudo ipfw add fwd heroserver.bounceme.net,6901 tcp from any to [ip that it was connecting to before]

Well, I guess I need to find a iptable equivalent for mac or else it won't work. Unless someone can tell me what's wrong with the code I used.
I've never used ipfw so I have no idea. Try to redirect some random ip to google.com and then go to the ip in a web browser to see if you get google, just to see if its working.
Hmm, I just tried redirecting random ips and it doesn't work. That must mean I incorrectly configured ipfw. I might need the help of mac experts in order to make this work.
Reference URL's