heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Loading Screens Artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me again lol.
Here's another suggestion that might be fun for players and I know its possible to do. Also maybe there is already an existing suggestion like this one, if so, sorry and please lead me in the right direction.
ok, here it is:
Players design/draw their own loading screens artwork and submit it to a specific thread entitled "Loading screens" GMs would then take whichever they find appropriate/fun/cute or whatever and put them in the loading screens that already exist. That way, it's fun to look at all of other heRO's creations. I remember it was fun seeing my friends and other ppls artwork load while changing maps.
Thanks for reading!
^ they do a contest every so often to pick new ones made by players.
Most (if not all) loading screens are made by members of the community, not only GM themselves, but regular players as well.
My last server had something like this. 300 ended up as a loading screen.

Awesome times were had.
That would only work if that RO server WAS. SPARTA! *kick*
Indeed, the majority of the current loading screens came from submissions by players at our last Loading Screen Contest, some months ago. Icon_smile
No There Shouldn't be more of this.
I am Already Sick and Tired Watching 2 Lesbo loading on my Ro Screen.Sweat
So No More Player Created Loading Screen plz!!!!!
lol more loading screens means less of the same 6 looping over and over Icon_razz I would love to see more stuff ;P
From memory, there are roughly 25? loading screens at the moment. Icon_smile

Adding more loading screens does mean adding a lot more data to the .grf/patcher, so any extras will be up to Pandora to decide if the extra mbs to get via patcher is worth the pretty pictures. Icon_razz

(For reference, most loading screens are between 500kb, some even being over 800kb.)
Reference URL's