heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Autotrading in jail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having browsed the forum a bit, I've been unable to find any rule against it. The only mention made is in the command list thread, where it states that @at does not reduce the jailtime. Curious as I am, I had to try it out.

Perhaps I've been living near a black hole warping time and space, but from what I can tell, it does reduce jailtime as you are autovending.

Is there any written rule regarding this matter? Or is it just a something verbally agreed upon which new players should learn not to do through experience, rather than reading rules?

Any insights on the matter are much appreciated!
@at in jail does not reduce jail time. Sorry to burst your bubble.
You're not sorry at all Aki!
You're right Icon_wink
Well, even if it does work, i think GMs can remove their carts upon jail time to prevent that from happening. After all, if you're thrown in jail, you'll have nothing else but your thin clothes on you.
In the name of science, I tested it once more.

Step 1: Check jailtime. (3h30m left)
Step 2: Set up vend.
Step 3: Enable autovending.
Step 4: Cook dinner (bacon, eggs, grilled cheese sandwich, tomatoes).
Step 5: Log in.
Step 6: Check jailtime. (3h00 left)

Now, perhaps I've been blessed by the timelords, but I highly doubt that.

Not to be a condescending ass (albeit, I can't deny my nature), but I would recommend double-checking your information.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
I think you should have reported this in a support ticket, so no one who is currently jailed can explot it. =/

Anyway, removing cart upon jailing sounds like a good idea if it can be done.
Originally it started out as a question whether it was allowed or not, TPC, but at this point it would probably be indeed better if it was handled through the proper channels.
Reference URL's