heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Just wondering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there like a program HeRo could use to spot people using a bot program and just make them log off and alert a gm about it because i'm getting tired of seeing just botters on the ban list, where are all the good funny bans.
Your best weapon against botters bear two names : common sense and support ticket.

I doubt any kind of software could find out a bot, or it would be widely used since.
actually there is spyware witch could be used to track people individually and with proper programming i suspect it would be possible to actually identify a third party program.
Kari Nogashi Wrote:actually there is spyware witch could be used to track people individually and with proper programming i suspect it would be possible to actually identify a third party program.

It is possible, it just takes a very competent programmer. But its also very easy for the people who make bot programs to counter it once its implemented. So bot detection would have to be constantly changed to counter the bots being changed to avoid detection. In the end just a huge waste of time (and money if you're paying someone to do it) compared to the time you have to spend to catch the bots manually.
Reference URL's