heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: DB's and such
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Suggestion first, rant next.

Suggestion: DB'ing should be prohibited outside of the DB rooms.

Rant: I was about to be jailed for DB'ing in a public place? Sure, I could DB elsewhere, like Niff fields, or AMs, but would people then again complain about being mobbed upon entrance? Have people really become that complacent? Has no one here played iRO or browsed the Screenshots section of the ROEmpire forums? Good times, good times.
What, you mean like, Dark Lord just west of Prontera? Icon_twisted
What's really the point of making a huge mob somewhere were people may sometimes or usualy go to and then just leaving it?

Fun?
Or to annoy people?

On Iro im sure it was to annoy for personal enjoyment.

And there's no rule agains't it,
But then again, you don't ask someone to open a door for you,
or to say please or thank you.

Curtesy,
Love it or hate it.Icon_wink
Hina Wrote:What's really the point of making a huge mob somewhere were people may sometimes or usualy go to and then just leaving it?

Fun?
Or to annoy people?

Curtesy,

As to earlier events, no one "left" the mob, it was being killed but then SOME people had to ruin it >.> My hydro T.T

GM-Boomy

When you're breaking that much DB then leave it all there, that' not brillant at all... especially in an entrance where there's only 1 path.

Doing it outside a town, like in the middle of the map, I don'T care, but at the entrance of a dungeon where people have to go through all this (especially when you summon that many monster without killing them), that's where I draw a line.

Break one or 2 DB at a time outside the DB room, fine, not 50 of them and leaving it all there... use your judgement...
GM-Boomy Wrote:When you're breaking that much DB then leave it all there, that' not brillant at all... especially in an entrance where there's only 1 path.

Doing it outside a town, like in the middle of the map, I don'T care, but at the entrance of a dungeon where people have to go through all this (especially when you summon that many monster without killing them), that's where I draw a line.

Break one or 2 DB at a time outside the DB room, fine, not 50 of them and leaving it all there... use your judgement...

they werent just left there....and YOU KS'ed MY HYDRO!? T.T
Hina Wrote:What's really the point of making a huge mob somewhere were people may sometimes or usualy go to and then just leaving it?

Fun?
Or to annoy people?

Curtesy,

Sure, people may go there, some people may not. Maybe I was a little to reliant on hoping people wouldn't come. But I sure as hell wasn't leaving my monsters there for them run rampant and kill anyone; if I wanted to annoy (large numbers of) people, I would DB in all the major cities, which I actually can't. I was killing them, one by one.

Ah, courtesy. Yes, when I ran into similar situations on many servers, including this one, the prompt response was "Go somewhere else".
Okay... first, some people just don't like to break 1 db at a time... yes, breaking too many lags the server, and kills off high priestesses:
[Image: ss1599ha.th.png]
(i believe over 100 were broken during this picture - and the reason the person's name isn't shown is because it was going into a lag-disconnect)
Note... mvps can no longer be summoned by dbs, so this does cut down significantly on the lag factor, the only real complaint to breaking so many.

Secondly... why not in a db room? well... db rooms are nice... but so many are mazes.??Is this bad? no, it's great for events... but not many people would want to fight something in a small space; and since all the db rooms are on the same map, you don't get to choose one and fight your enemies there if your enemy can teleport, odds are it will, and then you're stuck trying to track it down and fighting it wherever it winds up, possibly in a map you don't want it to be on - thus leads to the popularity of using small maps like Byalan or Sunken Ship where there is very little room for an enemy to hide.

Thirdly, people are unpredictable...??you go to a map where you think you will find no one, and there's a merchant setting up a Starbucks...
(Kavac made me spill my coffee *grrrr*)
Can it be inconvenient? yes... i remember someone breaking untold db's and getting a Dark Lord in the poring room of Hidden Temple (back before eAthena made it so random).??But how could they know that people would want to come to Byalan at exactly that moment? they couldn't...

If Neo and Marivel were in the process of killing their monsters, that was their battle, and the GMs should not have interveined and certainly shouldn't have jailed Mari...??it would have been just as easy for you to teleport the people inside Byalan as to KS Neo.

I think you at least owe them a refund of the db's which the intervention cost them.

[edit] If you intend to continue with such interventions and jailing, then make it a rule, so that it isn't something up for discussion any more [/edit]

GM-Boomy

Ryxingeir Wrote:If you intend to continue with such interventions and jailing, then make it a rule, so that it isn't something up for discussion any more
Fine with me. I hate to do that and hell no I won't refund the DB because he broke them like mad. Stop thinking of yourself alone and think of the low character trying to go in that dungeon, GM are not "warper because the map is filled with big mobs".
GM-Boomy Wrote:
Ryxingeir Wrote:If you intend to continue with such interventions and jailing, then make it a rule, so that it isn't something up for discussion any more
Fine with me. I hate to do that and hell no I won't refund the DB because he broke them like mad. Stop thinking of yourself alone and think of the low character trying to go in that dungeon, GM are not "warper because the map is filled with big mobs".

He who?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's