heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Q: can mobbers be bots too?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i've never encountered a bot mobbing smartly before but well i'm paranoid when it comes to players not doing the hand emoticon or something when people say hi

so just asking

dont want to report someone with me uninformed
If the bot is good enough. In a game i used to play you were allowed to bot, and one of the bots the game itself announced, or recommended rather, allowed for mobbing.

The only problem with recognizing bot mobbers is the fact that most likely the person wont respond with anything if you msg them, because losing concentration could mean death or mob breaking up.

but to answer your question, yea it's possible.
its been my experience as a high lved LK full tank/mobber build, that if peoploe talk to me while i am moving a mobb, i have to ignore them, a professional mobber knows that the first wrong move or stop or cease of motion is the difference between victory and death, regardless if its 50+trees in mosco or even my record of 48 wolves at one time in payon. so i dont know if there are mobber bots, but i would assume it was a person doing it mobbing is something that changes to random for a program to adjust for it IMO. but you can always screen questionable behavior, and ask a gm to look into it. they usually dont mind checking on possible bots no matter how its done, or what its doing.
luvs
Skill of bots depend entirely on the skill of the botter, in both coding the bot, and actual gameplay to recognise what an efficient bot would do.

If in doubt, report.

There's no punishment in reporting someone who isn't a bot. If you report, we check, and if they are, they get banned. If they're not, nothing happens and there is no harm done.
that's comforting Circe. well in my case, i really wont answer while mobbing, but after the mob, i guess it's just proper to say hi if someone said hi(of course no one is required to say hi to someone who said hi to them)

hmm. so mobbing grimtooth is possible in botting?

just wondering, you may have just though of example. a botter approached by other monsters and he killed them too
A lot of times while mobbing, the mobber avoids talking, as people pointed out. Also, private messages, main chat, even all chat can be simply lost to the spam of xp or items the mobber has filling their chat box. Just pointing out another thing that could keep them from answering you.
Reference URL's