heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Move Where The Jail And Ban Topics Are Please? :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am gunna be honest here...

I HATE that the Jailing and Banning topics have moved to the news section, a LOT. Yep, emphasizing this, its been bothering me for awhile, but why did you guys not just make a new forum section in Server Information? Why do we need it to be a news topic, is it seriously more important than posting actual updates or well...news to our server? Or is it actually important news and I missed the memo somewhere.

Basically short nice version:
I do not like the Jail/Ban topics in the Server News Announcements. What makes them need to be there? Can they have their own section so actual announcements that matter can be put in their proper place?
I actually like them where they are now. I forget where they used to be, but I always had trouble finding them there (hence me forgetting where it was...). In their current location, they're just right up there easy to find. Plus, I think it makes sense because it is part of the server happenings, so its news and announcements, in my opinion.
Its like the obituaries in the newspaper, though I can see how it can be a bit annoying. They're not -THAT- important as to be announcement.

In fact the person who gets banned should be pmed w/ the details, no need for the whole server to know what they did ._.;
Not all people have a Forum account though.

I don't really care about where these threads are, I mostly read Server News through the Patcher.
Shikari Wrote:Its like the obituaries in the newspaper, though I can see how it can be a bit annoying. They're not -THAT- important as to be announcement.

In fact the person who gets banned should be pmed w/ the details, no need for the whole server to know what they did ._.;

That's not true, the person banned can cause a major shitstorm and get people to side with them while feigning innocence. Without there being a visible list of why people were banned, the banned members can spread the word that they were falsely banned and cause other members to side with them and either leave or end up getting in trouble themselves.

I'm with Amara on the point to keep it where it is as it is an important part of informing the members of people that don't play by the rules. I also don't remember where it was, and its easier to find this way.
In those cases then the gms should post the reason.

Personally if I ever get banned I'd rather it be a personal thing and not be posted -.-
Again it would be in the Server Information section but have its own sub section in that area. I don't like that Ban/Jail topic pretty much kept me from missing patch notes the past 3 updates or so.

It use to be in the help/guides/report section btw.

Also why the hell when we get patch note updates that it only says "future headgears" without much info at all.??You're just better off not telling us unless you really care to inform players at all about your future updates.

Maybe I'm just being stupidly grouchy today. :O
Maybe Icon_razz

But to be honest, I'm also not fond of having them in the Announcement section, the first announcement people see is banned people, gives sort of a negative view.

I moved them to server information, the section just below.

As for the patch, people asked to know what was in the patch, I too find it useless to say "future stuff", but people like to know what they download.
i think the epically long banned list itself gives a negative view lol @_@.... maybe you should split it? XD just say'n
nah. seeing how GM works to ban the violators gives me somekind of.... good view on the server itself Icon_biggrin
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's