heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Suggestion: Item Transfer between Accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, I thought of this idea ever since I came into the server and wanting to transfer stuff onto my alt merchant without any risks involved.

Item transfer can only be done via CP and a maximum of 3 times per day (could reduce the count if it proves to be too abuse-prone)

Conditions:
1. Accounts must have the same email address.
2. At least one character over level 30.

What do you guys think about this idea? I do not know much about scripting websites or stuff like that so it pretty much depends on what the GMs can do. Icon_smile
Makes some sense, except why would you want a limit on transfers? Might as well have no limit. After all, it's just an easier alternative to finding someone to transfer for you, which you can do unlimited anyway.

However, I imagine it would require quite a portion of the server's bandwidth to keep track of every item on your account and be able to refresh frequently, let alone handle transfers fluidly and be able to upload the new information to the server without causing lag. Actually, I wouldn't know much about the encoding required. Maybe someone more experienced has more insight.
Technically it could make it easier for someone who has hacked a password or two to transfer items. And seeing that registering with _M or _F defaults an e-mail address to the same one for anyone that registers, it wouldn't really prevent item stealing.

A limited amount of transfers per day could prevent total loss on an account before you realize items are disappearing.

But, alas, I am no expert, and is simply speculating. But if there wasn't complications, we'd probably have it by now.
Solution:
1) Find a player that you find trustworthy, or someone being very reputable.
2. Ask them to transfer to *character name*
3. When they agree, SCREENSHOT
4. Go on your other character, get the items, and say Thank you.

-.-
Actually we'd be able to transfer crap ourselves if our MAIL SYSTEM wasn't bugged.

Hello eAthena, this is one aspect of your emulation you have failed us!
+1 to Aaronock

But yeah, really, just find someone who seems well-known and like they've been here for a while, and just screenshot their agreement to xfer. Most players won't risk the ban for a few items, even if they are godly.
Aaronock Wrote:Actually we'd be able to transfer crap ourselves if our MAIL SYSTEM wasn't bugged.

Hello eAthena, this is one aspect of your emulation you have failed us!

Not just eAthena.
According to some iRO players, it's currently been taken off the official servers, due to other exploits, too. Icon_razz
RO hasta be one of the only games they can't get the mail system working on then lol.

Seriously, every other MMO can get the thing working properly without exploits, I love my mail system in DFO, I wish RO's was working too. Icon_sad
But still it would be good to have it. Personally I don't like to bother others with small requests and I'm sure many have spammed main asking for an item transfer for along time before a kind soul finally helps.
loveapples Wrote:3. When they agree, SCREENSHOT

ROFL xD

idk really. im quite comfortable in asking others to help in transfers. more of that friendship and trust thingy. do things solo? seriously, MMORPGs are meant for people to interact with others
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's