heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Renewal Client?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello, this server is very nice, but I was annoyed to see that it did not use the renewal client. Even if the renewal stats/classes/other things are not added, the client is very good and I like the added customization to battlemode.

Perhaps there could be a renewal client option for those who prefer it? I find using this old one to be very clunky and unfun by comparison.
Sadly, I don't think there will be renewal on here for a very long time.??The Option wouldn't work as your calculations and the current calculations would not meet up.??And if its just for the classes, you wouldn't be able to use the spells if mixed in with normal game play.

This is something that is brought up everyonce in a while and has been addressed many times before. Some info can be found here: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=12500
Calavera Wrote:Hello, this server is very nice, but I was annoyed to see that it did not use the renewal client.??Even if the renewal stats/classes/other things are not added, the client is very good and I like the added customization to battlemode.

Perhaps there could be a renewal client option for those who prefer it???I find using this old one to be very clunky and unfun by comparison.
I don't know if GMs are planning to implement it or not, but I agree the renewal client is much better. An additional skill bar helps a lot and the new battlemode is much easier to be used and doesn't get glitched when you open an input box.

Edit:
Snowhawk Wrote:Sadly, I don't think there will be renewal on here for a very long time. The Option wouldn't work as your calculations and the current calculations would not meet up. And if its just for the classes, you wouldn't be able to use the spells if mixed in with normal game play.

This is something that is brought up everyonce in a while and has been addressed many times before. Some info can be found here: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=12500
Renewal client is just a new client interface, it doesn't have to involve third classes or the new mechanics. I've seen it work great in servers without any of those.
Snowhawk Wrote:This is something that is brought up everyonce in a while and has been addressed many times before.??Some info can be found here:??http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=12500

But I do not want third classes and the change to stats/formulas/so on.??I simply want the better client interface that renewal has. Many other servers use it without the renewal skill/stat changes and it works very well.
All I know is what I see.

Everytime Renewal is brought up, the thread is discussed by a few people then GMs step in and say we can't right now. Have to wait until later.

From past discussions, Renewal was said to include new classes, items, and skills, as well as change to attacking and defense systems.

I never heard you could separate part of renewal for just some portions of it as each and every server I went to in the past year that had renewal had the entire thing.

I don't know much about renewal beside what I've said.
Have we had a topic over the interface/ I know we did for Renewal but not for the interface, except for the one Gangtz wrote
We havent. Interace is nice, but i prefere this one (personally)
I'm really not sure why anyone will deny Google in kafra...

Let's not call it "renewal interface" as it has nothing to do with renewal, nor does it break down in how it displays stats if you don't have renewal or whatever... it just so happens to be a new interface/new client at the same time kRO got renewal. Let's say, "can we have an update client" and you'll have less stigma that way.
I would love the enw client. I love the new client. Switching between my test server and heRO makes me cry.
Snowhawk Wrote:I never heard you could separate part of renewal for just some portions of it as each and every server I went to in the past year that had renewal had the entire thing.

Actually, you can somehow separate the system. I don't know the technical stuff so don't flame me, but what i'd seen before in a dead server(the owner's name is spre, you can search for him in the RMS forums, though i doubt he's still around) before i joined heRO, it runs under "semi-renewal" system. It's basically the renewal interface on the old system. It's still episode 12, but is using the full renewal interface.

HeRO is adapting some of it too actually, the timer bar, quest log, and map are a few of them. Though the quest log is extremely buggy, it can't be blamed on the GMs since it's a gravity glitch to begin with.

I'd like to see the interface here, even if it'll annoy people when they wanna chat. It's very handy to be able to see all your 36 hot keys.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's