heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Pantie/Undershirt vs. Dragon Vest/Dragon Manteau
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone please explain to me why slotted panties and undershirts are hot items in our economy while dragon vests and manteaus are seemingly nonexistent?

The Dragon combo seems better in every way. More Agi, more Def, more Mdef, more Flee.

Dragon pieces are obtained by killing dragons while slotted pantie/undershirt is produced by random chance at 1M a pop.

Are the pantie/undershirt that much easier to obtain?
Is there something I'm missing here?

For reference purposes:

Pantie + Undershirt Combo

Dragon Vest + Dragon Manteau Combo
Easier to obtain in heRO though normally dragon combo wins, cause 'somebody' threw the key part of the dragon combo on to a much bigger dragon than draco ^o^

Rather is that good or for worse that the superior combo that overshadows the pantie/undershirt combo became much harder to get, that's another subjective issue.
As Namine said, go in game and @whodrops Dragon Manteau and Dragon Vest and you'll see why it's not so popular here. Sad, I know,
So, you should make a weapon specially against that certain dragon. Hire a priest, slot in Earth petite, Santa Poring, and 2 Abyssmal knights into a weapon should do it. Sky petite for protection if you can put the shield on. Icon_biggrin
azurerogue Wrote:As Namine said, go in game and @whodrops Dragon Manteau and Dragon Vest and you'll see why it's not so popular here.??Sad, I know,

I think albus should stop picking on me Cry
I also beleive that Dragon mant/Vest are trans only regardless of what it actually says can equip it.

For example. Elemental bows (Gale Bow,Burning Bow, Earthen Bow and Freezing Bow) and Orc Archer Bow. None of them say they can be equipped by bard/dancer or archer on the Actual Item. Only Hunter and Rogue. And yet as soon as they hit the level requirement on the item any class that can equip a bow can equip that.

But I'm not entirely sure on that as I've not had the chance to get my grubby mits on the combo yet. If it turns out to be true, that does put a limitation on it that players who are new and probably not going to last on the server will never find.

Also, it's important to keep in mind that HeRO's new world monsters are Pretty heavily customized. In this regard, Nidhogger is quite a bit harder than the official version.??Additionally, You cannot enter Nidhogger's Dungeon without a party of (I think) 4 or more people (even ignoring the fact that Nidhogger here is not an Instance dungeon). Most people who party on heRO want to level up as fast as possible. It's pretty hard to get people away from Neck Romancers (Necromancers)??long enough to do a party where the odds are they're going to lose (Base) exp a few times before they get it right with any crew compliment, before they start whining and getting pissed off.

Almost All of the things in Nid's dungeon casts Dispell. Dark Pingu's Cast Change Undead (this means those without bathory armors lose their bless and agi, and cannot be healed until it ends), and they're undead themselves and cannot be frozen. Further more, they cast recovery on monsters that are frozen to break them free, which usually goes after whoevers closest. And in a recent update, they got magic mirror so if they cast it, they can reflect magic back at whoevers hitting them with it.

Draco Casts Fire Breath, and can easily wipe a party with it if they're unprepared, especially since they like to use it twice in a row at times. Without fire armor this can be difficult for the squishier chars, like mages. He also likes to spam lvl 10 Heavens drive with fairly good matk, this can also be a pain without fire armor. And all that's on top of Dispell spam.

Ancient trees stun, and Eswoo people so they can't move as fast. Yes, Monsters use Soul Linker skills on players in heRO. Also, they got High defense. They assumptio the other monsters and monsters it's assisting.I suppose the saving grace is that it's quite weak to magic, especially firebolt.

Draco Eggs cast bleeding for some reason, and their wind element is immune to storm gust (OHNOES)

Rata is like some kind of Super buffed lvl 99 Combo monk that doesn't need to combo to combo. It's got anti-magic so Magic does very little against it. It's quite hard to tank, since it also has dispell, and It's high attack and attack speed, and it moves quick, like the squirrel girl it is. Thankfully, it's a sort of miniboss for the floor and has timed spawns. There's only 2 of these on the floor so you have time to prepare sometimes.

Also, the map is designed for pure range hate. Lots of things get in the way so You have to change your line of sight before you can shoot stuff or buff things or cast crap. And it's Very very mobby. It's hard to go 5 feet without running into something else.
Wow, sounds very interesting! That'd be an epic place to kill time and ourselves with some decent LOLs! I guess even guilds will be defeated if unprepared.
I think the most... irritating part of this dungeon is to get 4 people to enter, to be honest. I'd gladly attempt it more often having 3 people. Especially now as you need to unlock New World via a quest.

The dungeon is not that hard, though it requires very different strategy than Nameless. And in terms of exp it is a base to job exp converter: you lose some base and gain lots of job ;-).

I think nobody sells Dragon Vests at the moment simply because nobody completed their +7 sets of armour yet. I know people party there, just look at vendors.

Ah, and Dragon Manteau is obtainable now. Difficult to get, but not only Nidhoggur MVP drops it (impossible to kill for a casual group of players) but also Duneyrr does at 3% (thanks <333). This implies it can be farmed even by non-elite players (like me, for example).

...assuming I manage to assemble a suicidal team ;-).

Irxallis Wrote:it requires very different strategy than Nameless

You answered your own question Irxy <3
Irx, is that a subtle hint that we should hit that dungeon a lot more? [Image: hurr.gif]
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's