heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Character Deletion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why can't I delete my characters? I put in the email currently linked it, and I tried the old one
Is it over level 90 Jen?
You cannot delete characters over that level now since this SVN update.

I wonder if GM's can delete it for us if we support ticket it though.
Why yes, it is.

To Support ticket we go!
Yea gms made it a while ago so you had to send a support ticket to delete 90+ chars (god knows whys though).
It was to discourage people from using Adrillf's Quitting Services, as it probably requires you to own the email attached to it.
Ultima_Pi Wrote:It was to discourage people from using Adrillf's Quitting Services, as it probably requires you to own the email attached to it.
Well, there's that, and the fact it was supposed to help make accounts more secure. If someone hacked their way into your accounts, they wouldn't be able to Delete the characters you ground long and hard (or not) to get to 90+.
Oh yeah, One of those 'safety measures' that actually causes more trouble for legit and clean players than potential abusers.
Personally think it isn't hard to make a gajillion novices with your gears and delete them with said gear on it...

So yah, really doesn't prevent much of anything other than high level chars from going bye bye *o*
Still, never know when something might happen so it's nice to know that it's there personally.

Also, I love it when questions are answered easily at times. Yay.
The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Ultima_Pi Wrote:It was to discourage people from using Adrillf's Quitting Services, as it probably requires you to own the email attached to it.
Well, there's that, and the fact it was supposed to help make accounts more secure. If someone hacked their way into your accounts, they wouldn't be able to Delete the characters you ground long and hard (or not) to get to 90+.

That didn't stop a friends of mine char from being deleted by a hacker.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's