heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: January 2010 ToH Appriciation poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With your host: GM-Nara

Monsters:
Dark Frame (Mirror Mirror)
Gullinbursti (Little Piggies)
Leib Olmai (Papa Bear)
Alicel (Wonderland)
Eralia (Under the Sea)

Items:
8 Smelly Cheese
6 Black Armor
4 Magic Necklace
6 Fancy Robe
8 Moon Jewels

Total players: 94
Dark heroes: 40
Light heroes: 54

Mass Battle: Light Wins

Sorry for the delay of this.
I don't have much to say other than:

Easy Monster + Hard Item = Balanced ToH (in my opinion of course)

It was much more challenging this time around but I enjoyed it a lot. Well done Nara! No1
Monster? Too easy for physical, a killer for magical classes. Item trial was a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment, kinda. Oh, and *insert the usual rant about goddamn ksing hunter classes*
Trivia was perhaps affected by the aftermath of Item trial, felt a bit like you're trying to compensate. (but hey, I don't complain..xD)

(and btw, it's 2011 and "appreciation" *hides*)
Poor mages in monster trial 1 fighting ten shadow 3 monsters.
Other matches look fine for them actually besides that one.

I almost attended this ToH, kinda glad I did not with it going over 5 hours. X_X
As a mage (who failed due to horrid lag), I would say it was a good set of monsters for mages, with both hard and easy rounds.
I didn't attend last Trial of Heroes, but having to make every single item - isn't that a bit much?

If you got everything at the average rate, you would have had to kill:
45 bapho, 66 thana, 45 tao, 45 turtle gens, 88 bacsojin, 133 garm, 44 drake if you wanted to get the full 50 points. That's just over 450 monsters (and that's just what you need, not counting potential overkill), which averages out to about a monster every 4 seconds, assuming you were given 30 minutes to complete the trial. It's like asking for everyone to KS or else they don't have a chance =x

Edit: Side note though, that monster trial looks like it was a cakewalk.
Plus the fact that the Item NPC asked for
0/4 Fancy Robes
0/6 Fancy Robes

which led me, and possibly others, to think that you needed 10 fancy robes.

Monster was really easy. Other than the last round and Dark Frames, they were monsters that I normally farmed, despite messing up several times.
Corporal Wrote:I didn't attend last Trial of Heroes, but having to make every single item - isn't that a bit much?

If you got everything at the average rate, you would have had to kill:
45 bapho, 66 thana, 45 tao, 45 turtle gens, 88 bacsojin, 133 garm, 44 drake if you wanted to get the full 50 points. That's just over 450 monsters (and that's just what you need, not counting potential overkill), which averages out to about a monster every 4 seconds, assuming you were given 30 minutes to complete the trial. It's like asking for everyone to KS or else they don't have a chance =x

Edit: Side note though, that monster trial looks like it was a cakewalk.

It was 20 mins, actually.

And yes, monster was a cakewalk for physical chars for sure.
Gotta say, that eralia was nerfed enough to appear in wave 4 rather than 5.
Nara did an oopsie during the trial and announced it immediately that it was 4 necklaces and 6 robes and that it was changed. I also should have given more time for that part but Icon_razz made it up with 7 trivia.

Monster part: 2 of the monsters where earth based one was water based. the easiest 7k hp monster was shadow. Even mages told me it was a cake walk so I didn't feel bad on being evil on item for once heh.

I tried to do things that did status effects like stun and curse because of archers. Most of them tend not to have a vit build. Doing that made things easier for most ._.'

PS: I was also sick of people saying item trial was too easy and I'm done with 10 min to spare, when they just did everything that didn't require a npc.
Oh. I must've missed the announcement then about the necklaces... although, I didn't see anyone else get a single necklace. Oh well.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's