heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: homunculus help and comparison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys, i need some help with the battle tactics with homunculus.

My battle alchy is very comfortable with his "Deformed Giga Puddi". It can do heavy magical burst and light physical damage while i focus on moderately continuous physical and heavy physical burst damage and healing and other gimmicks. This jello has around 50 Vit, so healing it isn't that bad, 2 whites and it's almost fully healed.
This team is formed really well if i do say so myself. So i have no worries anymore.

My brewer however has a little partnering issue. I thought giving him a "Furred Toothless Hippo" would be good as it can be used as a meat shield while the plants attack comboed my chains of auto spell on my target. I can fix the shield too whenever i need to. It did work but that's not exactly long lasting or well when a huge mob comes, especially since this mutant hippo is still weak. It's not strong enough yet to deal with the fight i do before i had it. I know once it evolved the strategy will work, but as my game time is limited i don't really have time to evolve it without leveling, and i'm pretty stumped on where to grind with no burst damage from itself to get more battle experience.

So my questions now are:
1. Should i train this deformed lamb or get myself a bird instead?
2a. If i should keep training it, what should i do to i speed it up? It's level 28 currently and the damage is only 120 per hit at max on wolves.
2b. If i get that owl, what kind of strategy would work better with it?

Please don't suggest me to get those Power Plant Girls, their effectiveness only appears after evolution. My Mutant Giga Puddi has just turned neutral after 3 months of it's creation. Imagine the horror if i were forced to evolve it first.
Also, i know Jelloes are strong and reliable for brewers, but i really don't want to overly use or rely on magic power on my auto spell brewer in case i bump into a anti magic mob. My plants can still attack but since they don't grow stronger, eventually they'll miss pretty often, so i need my homunculus to keep the anti magic mob occupied and eventually finishes it off.
From personal experience leveling an amistr takes a lot time and work. And Ive yet to end up with a filir thats suited any of my builds.

Now I don't know too much info on the vani + brewer combo. But Ive heard from multiple people that it gives a small boost in the potion creation. I know you'd rather not have another vani, but they really are very helpful, and if you luck out like I did and end up with one that had an even amount of str and int you shouldn't have to worry about fighting something with high magic def. (He suited me well RIP poor Petit Danone! I regret going for more of an int vani)

Also if you can find the time to make a lif loyal (I know I know everyone and their dog does this combo) they really are the fastest way to make an alchemist to 99.. A very cheesy but fast way.
I'm actually not trying to rush to 99. I'm perfecting my /BM, Alt, and Ctrl finger and pointer finger coordination with my alchemists and their assistants. Of course, the assistant have to be able to keep up with their stats or else things will get really frustrating.

My problems are:
Filir : a glass cannon, if it dies, i'm usually dead in 2, at most 5 seconds if i can outspam the damage long enough.
Lif : don't have the time, hardest to train, and final move uses MATK which is the reason i need an ATK-er
Amistr : no burst damage, hard to train, stupid AI won't activate Castling, manually use Castling cancels AI.
Vanil : fear of high MDEF and players probably know how to deal with it by now since they're sliding everywhere in every town.

My vanils seem to always have more STR though. Then again, their stats seems so balanced out, almost similar.
Ngjoko Wrote:Lif : don't have the time, hardest to train, and final move uses MATK which is the reason i need an ATK-er

She uses MAtk, yes, but to deal Physical damage, like the Magic Crasher skill.

Hardest to train ? Not at all if she's evolved. She's even the fastest that way as she can tank and deal a lot to monsters, and the Vit bonus mean you can easily pitch her up in bad cases, then let Mental Charge pump her HP back after Teleport.
Does the castling skill really bugger up the AI after manually casting Castling?

The last time I used an amistr was when homunculus was first released on iRO, and Castling didn't even work properly then. Im curious because I'd like to use an amistr again, as a change from my usual vani combonation.

I also found that with my Brewer alchemist she has the sp to do the teleport/mental casting without having to waste blue potions. Unlike my Str builds.
It says it does sometimes, but I never tried it.
i guess the manual Castling is probably myself to blame. I'm usually quite faraways from my amistr, so when i get hit, i'd hit Castling and run like hell, usually outside AI range.
Castling works, but it has a terrible cool down and SP usage. Unless completely necessary, i will not use the move. Unless it's level 5, it will fail most of the time.

My lif got stuck at level 30 below because i don't know what to let her kill. That's why i said hard to train. Even my amistr is stuck at 28 now. Sadly i don't have much time to make lif and amistr loyal to build up destructive strength.

Mental Sensing and Teleport???
Mental Sense is a Wizard/Sage skill.

Mental Charge's delay can be avoided if you Teleport, and each time Lif casts it again, it fills up her HP.

Your Lif is fine at level 30, just check her stats and wait to make her evolve, then I can think you won't dare to say "where could I level her", as she'd be killing everything in her sight and survive heavy hits for quite a long time.
hmmm, i guess you're right. But i still won't get that power plant girl. I really don't have enough time to let evolve. I might as well trans without homunculus if things turn out badly with sad options. I leveled on seals and sea otters before i decide to create a homunculus for extra protection, so i don't think that'd be too difficult.
I have some experience with both Lif and Vani, so let me try to answer your questions.

1. To answer this question, you yourself have to know what is the objective for your alchemist in the end.
E.g.
- if it's gonna be a pure-brewer, get a vani for the increase chance in brewing (and yes, you shouldn't even consider other homuns for this build)
- if it's for fast and easy leveling, lif is the best. Just sit in town and feed it until it turns loyal to evolve. You can feed it to 84 hunger, go do your stuff and come back around 60-70mins later to feed it again. Took me about 1mth to reach loyal considering I only come online 3-4hrs/day.
- if it's for tanking so that you can Acid Demo, amistr is the best.

2a. You can level at wolves until it reaches lv40 or so. Both my lif and vani did that, and their damage is lower than what your homun is dishing out. Just get your homun to hit a wolf, and immediately change it to passive mode (ctrl-T) so that the homun will follow you with the wolf chasing it. Run around the map to mob as many wolves. Kill the mobs. Rinse and repeat. Of course your homun must be able to withstand the hits easily. Mine receives only 1 dmg from wolves.

2b. Filirs have high flee, so I guess it's suitable for both brewer and battle builds. They are like a Jack-of-all-trade. Good for any build, but doesn't excel for specialized purposes. Lifs are more for battlealchemists, Vanis for pure brewers, Amistr for AD creators.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's