heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Forum cleanup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone.

Just to let you all know, although it probably won't concern anyone who actually reads this. We suspect that the large amount of users signed up is what has caused some slowness on the forums lately. So we have deleted forum accounts that have 0 posts, 0 PMs, and have not logged in for over a year.
+1

btw, if necro of threads that have died out in over 3 months is frowned upon, maybe we can start looking into deleting the really really really old threads that do not hold much bearing to today's HeRO? Just a thought... i know forum threads don't consume that much space, but they do consume space nevertheless...

-w-
i disagree about deleting the forum accounts of people (who are real and really played)who were inactive for a year
imo deleting the long inactive threads would help.
I think it'd be good to also delete banned users that were bots. :x
Woo.
I agree on the deleting reeeeeeeeally old posts and banned forum accounts as well.
If I may, I'd like to redirect everyone to my thread regarding the large number of false accounts being created for advertisement purposes.

I came to the same conclusion that the large intake of new users may be causing some of the forum lag.??However, no one seems to want to help me in scanning for and reporting these accounts.

The thread is viewable here.

I must admit that I have not kept up my end of the deal in scanning all new accounts as of yet... But, that's because my appendix ruptured and I had to have an emergency appendectomy.??Yes, I feel that is a viable excuse.??No, I am not looking for pity.??lol

I'll scan them as soon as my hydrocodone prescription gets filled.??Laugh
..............I just saw your thread, what do you want me to do change my avatar? I like my flying penguin, if bots want to use it fine, I only have 2 accounts Cobbinator and Cobbinator92. The only reason I got 2 is because I forgot the password for my first account.
I'm not exactly sure where you came to that conclusion.??I was merely showing everyone that all these people/programs creating false accounts here in the forums are stealing our information.??It is no way the fault of the individual.??o.0
Who cares if they steal our information? What are they going to do with it?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's