heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Hide shops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to take a pic today in Pront, but those damned shops were all in the way!??Laugh

I know they aren't the most intrusive nor the ugliest things ever, but, still, they are intrusive and a bit of a nuisance.??I know this isn't a priority, but I just think a little @shops command or something similar would be nice.

@shops off - Shop banners go away
@shops on - Banners reappear

If there is a way to not display shops [on command], then could someone let me know???I've been playing RO for at least eight years and I've never heard of it.??We have commands/keystrokes for removing the minimap and HP/SP bar, but not shop/chat banners.??I think we should.??:o

Trolls are trolls and every forum a bridge, so let's get some things out there:

Yes, I know there are towns I can chill in with little to no shops in them.??Yes, I know I can go there if the shops annoy me that much (they honestly don't annoy me at all, they're just inconvenient).??No, I do not blame my hate of the shops on my autism.

There are probably more troll points to be made; but I'm not a troll, so I can't think like one.

If you're for the idea, that's great; but if you're against it, please put forth a valid, intelligible argument.??"No" is not a rebuttal, and this isn't a vote.??D:
If you're against it, tell us why. Ok
Not a bad idea if it exists, might make my comp not want to die everytime I go to pront lol
Gojira Wrote:... might make my comp not want to die everytime I go to pront lol

omg, I know, right? o_o
Well, im not a eathena expert, since im still more used to Aegis type servers, but i dont think thatd be easily doable and might cause certain bugs.

Another idea ive seen on some other server actually, is to just implement some merchant map, with a outstanding entry on the warp npc, so everyone can easily access it. The eathena forums provide quite a few free maps for such purposes.

Just smashing in some thoughts, since in the end, thatd just be an easier solution to the "laggy pront" problem
i suggest fairy land to be merch town!
Yeah, the encoding issue is a rather valid argument and wasn't at all lost on me.??That's why I wanted to mention that I don't feel this is a priority.

The auto-vend map has been suggested many times in the past, but is always shot down.??I've played on servers, too, where there is a specified vendor map and it is just so beautiful.??The towns aren't cluttered with "Buy my crap" everywhere.??Plus, they have everything on said vendor map well-spaced so it's not cluttered either.

Honestly, I like the vendor map idea a lot better than my @shops idea, but it's always gotten denied in the past.??So, I felt I'd suggest something different.??^_^
Yes it does, but i have to admit, i kind of like having at least ONE town/city full of players, even if they are merchants, it give the server some false sense of population. Although having a lag free Pront is the shitz.
i played on other servers before and i really hate the mall or whatever you call the merchant rooms. It looked way worse than our pront, it uses the lutie weapon shop for it's map and it was HORRIBLE!

Anyway, nice input, i'd like to hide them as well at times since i over spend my very few zeni due to sudden attractions after a miss clicking on a tile and goes into a shop accidentally.
Reference URL's