heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Legalise POT!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, first of all i just want to explain the title of the thread so there wont be any missunderstanding. I'm not pro weed or any elegal drugs or any thing like that. No, the name of the thread is simply for dragging attention and the funny coincidence that happened.
Second of all i want to thank HeRO staff for a great server and a very positive playing experience. Great custom quest and the Chronicles of the heroes is absolute genius! Anyway, let the story and the question unfold:

Vending Shops can only be put up in a town (except for Niflheim) or maps without *any* monsters.Thinking

So i was outside of Prontera in the area outside of culvert, because i usualy have my spawning point stationed here. I have had it on many servers an i have grown fond of the place. There are reasons for being here, helping low lvls to level in culvert and get some distance to the heart of the server (I'm referring to the Prontera City Centrum). And i figure i set up a shop at that spawning point because it would be help full for me and others. But most of all just to make it look inviting. Ofcorse i soon realized my mistake and now I'm gladly doing my jail time. I should have known that it was elegal to set up Pot shops outside the city walls. Making jail time however got me thinking, did i really do wrong? I wanted to enhance the gaming experience for me and for others. I want other players to feel what i felt the first time i played RO, as a Novice out side the culvert looking at that potion shop beside that bridge, thinking "one day I'm gonna have my own shop."
Question Mark

But what does this nonsense lead? What's my point? When someone try to restrain something it might slip away. But if you set it free, it might come back even bigger. I'm asking, no I'm begging the GM Team to consider having shops outside the walls of Prontera city. Just outside,you know the small guard houses are now empty, i recall a time when there were venders in those areas as well, bring them back so that players can enjoy the environments this game has offer.

If however, the GM Team think this is madness or ineffective for some reason i just want The GM Team to think twice before declining this humble request. And i want you to remember your Final Rule of the server:

Final rule
Lastly, if by your action(s) or inaction(s) you cause harm or seriously hinder another character's playing experience, punishments may be given according to the severity of the action(s) or inaction(s).

I have taken my jail time...????Love
i really don't mind having convenience stores in monster invested areas, but it's against the rules since it might be abused for AFK leveling and such. I support this idea though, just don't like it if players aren't honest with this and decide to afk level with this.
Hasn't this been denied before?
Ngjoko Wrote:i really don't mind having convenience stores in monster invested areas, but it's against the rules since it might be abused for AFK leveling and such. I support this idea though, just don't like it if players aren't honest with this and decide to afk level with this.

i uderstand the afk leveling concern, that's why I'm suggesting JUST outside Prontera. Because it would be like an extension of the city. Thank you for your support.
tan313008 Wrote:Hasn't this been denied before?

I have no knowing of this, but if what you say is true. Then i sugest it AGEN, but Harder. (if there is a possible way to suggest something harder).
Decided to do some searching for you - here's the topic in question.
Posted 09-09-2010 02:26 AM;
GM-Salt Wrote:For two reasons. It prevents the autoreset of map monsters that happens after no one has been on the map for 5 minutes. And people could abuse it to leech themselves by autotrading and going on another character while having both in the same party.

09-09-2010 04:40 AM;
GM-Circe Wrote:I'm not sure exactly how the mechanics of the +10% per party member works (I imagine it is the same map, but not sure is "idle" characters go towards it, too), but if it is a case of idle characters counting, filling the rest of your party with 11 @ating merchants on the map you're leveling on would get you a pretty bonus without eating any of the exp.

However, I believe most of the reason falls to @ating merchants actually affecting the way maps act, as Salt said.

Also, I have been on a server where vending on monster maps was allowed UNTIL someone decided to use a specific set of cards which allowed him to be "active"/fighting and killing monsters in the area.
Musing Wrote:Decided to do some searching for you - here's the topic in question.
GM-Salt Wrote:For two reasons. It prevents the autoreset of map monsters that happens after no one has been on the map for 5 minutes. And people could abuse it to leech themselves by autotrading and going on another character while having both in the same party.

GM-Circe Wrote:I'm not sure exactly how the mechanics of the +10% per party member works (I imagine it is the same map, but not sure is "idle" characters go towards it, too), but if it is a case of idle characters counting, filling the rest of your party with 11 @ating merchants on the map you're leveling on would get you a pretty bonus without eating any of the exp.

However, I believe most of the reason falls to @ating merchants actually affecting the way maps act, as Salt said.

Also, I have been on a server where vending on monster maps was allowed UNTIL someone decided to use a specific set of cards which allowed him to be "active"/fighting and killing monsters in the area.

It has come to my understanding why this is denied, but im not asking for wending in EVERY monster map, just the ones outside prontera. Ir mabe just the south map, and the west map. If however, there whas a change in the rules regarding these maps, it would make place for player to interact in such manners this is described above. In the same way players now interact against BOT's. I mean who has not have some satisfaction in putting down a bot, or reported abuse and felt happy for it. So these problems would be solved by active game play on the map. If there are shops, there might even be players at the map. So i can say that im aware of those issues, and i think that it is a small sacrifice for a more active life in and outside prontera city walls.
From what I recall, the 'Guard towers' are generally near a guard and/or a warp.

Also, from what I can tell of what else you're saying in the above post, that having a shop on these two maps that it might help catch more bots or do you just want to have these two maps 'legalized' just so you and possibly a handful of others would vend there?
Musing Wrote:Decided to do some searching for you - here's the topic in question.

Isn't there a code already in place that prevents Idle characters from gaining EXP?

I know when I was leeching with Albus (I paid for it with Fish Leave me alone >.<) on the field with all the satan morroc shadow things, I wouldn't get EXP if I stopped moving for too long. So I couldn't use hide (not that that helped anyway) I even found a very good hiding spot to hide from many monsters. But when I stopped moving cause I found a good spot I stopped getting EXP and Albus told me to move a bit so I gain EXP.

So what I don't get. If the Idle EXP block is on, why is making a merchant AFK level issue still an issue when they can't get EXP if they don't move one tile ever so often?

Also I forgot what, though this isn't part of the discussion, but there is apparently a code that prevents kill stealing unless you are in a party. Why don't we have that code on here instead of the anti Kill Steal code. Which prevents Heal Spamming the monster as well I believe. There is also a part in that code that has a timer on it. The Kill Steal doesn't disappear until you stop attacking for so long.
Again, as mentioned, it screws up the auto-reseting of mobs in the map, which may be needed for the normal function of these maps.

Also, just adding expemptions to the rule, even though it may seem insignificant now, others may use this exemption to say "I want to vend in X, Y, and Z maps too! This map was expempted, why can't the others be as well?" It just creates a point in which people could ask for more and more, thus creating a problem for the GMs, and quite frankly, I don't think the GMs want to deal with cases like these later down the road. I'm sure they have plenty enough on their plates to deal with.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's