heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Simply crashes...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
Here is the deal.
Sometimes my game crashes with no apparent reason. It usually happens right after I switch from another window (say Firefox) and come back to the game. The game crashes and the computer shows that a graphic card error has occured. Sometimes the whole computer crashes, showing that disgusting blue screen and than shutting down.
I have a nVidia GT240M graphic card and I already tried two different versions of the driver and still have that problem. I use windows vista (I know it sucks!). And the game is installed from the full installer patch I downloaded last month (full-installer+BGM-100531) with no other ragnarok installation before this one.
My brother is having a simillar problem in another computer with a completely different hardware. But it's pretty rarer to happen with him.

It's also weird that the game doesn't take the configuration set on the "setup" file if I play through the patcher. I have to open the game from the heRO.exe file in the game folder. Also in the setup, I find two copies of my graphic card to choose from along with the Direct 3D.

Any suggestions?
Are you using Vista?
i'm experiencing more or less the same thing, so i reckon it's just Vista hating me...

i tried tinkering with various "compatibility mode"(s), but i can't seem to get it to adjust to full screen properly... so i dunno, guess i'll just have to suck up on all the money and resources lost on BG without getting at least the consolation exp and point Mad

-w-
It's the nvlddmkm error that happens to me.
After some search I found this site wich can help a lot peopple having the same problem as I do.
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-F...ror/#step1

I still haven't tried these solutions because I have to study now... But it should help if someone else needs.
Reference URL's