heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: New To RO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
??Hi everyone my names Kareem & I'm new to RO.??I have a few questions regarding the class I want to play.??Is Archer a good starter class for someone new to this game???I ask this because in this game Archers have to buy arrows & that seems like it can be costly for someone who has just started.??Are Archers wanted for parties or are they a solo class???How are Archers in PvP???I take it MvP monsters are Ragnarok's version of boss monsters so are Archers good at killing those?
??Sorry for all of the questions it's just that I play the Archer class in every game that I play & I want to learn about Ragnarok's version.??I look forward to having fun with all of you Icon_biggrin
hi Kareem, welcome to HeRO!

archer-> hunter -> snipers are probably the easiest and fastest way to start up your RO life due to being able to focus on one stat for pretty much of your RO life with endless combination for the secondary stat. Furthermore, archers get Double Strafing which, taking into account the possible damage output, flexibility, spammability, sp cost, and range, probably makes it the singular most "OP" skill in RO. For more info, please refer to RO data zone, ratemyserver, and roratorio's calc.

they pretty much pwn solo pvm (especially those who actually use their trap skills), can do some mvps as long as you remember to step back a few steps every few DS, and definitely can pawn pvp if they know what their doing. As for BG or WOE-situations, it seems that mostly a hunter's job is to inflict status, stop casts, as well as trap.

again, google can be your friend Ok
oh, and customs info etc are in the forums and wiki. GL and HF!

-w-
Google is your friend.??It saved my life.??True story.??Ok

Archer is always the best choice to start with so long as you go hunter instead of bard.??Hunters are the best... well, hunters.??lol

In the meantime, you can also start a merchant so you can have discount and overcharge (which decrease the buying price and increase your selling price of items to NPCs) and vending (which lets you sell your items to other players for far, far more than an NPC would ever pay).??Merchants also become blacksmiths which can make, repair and refine weapons.??No1

Anywho, welcome to Ragnarok Online.??Be prepared to lose the next five years of your life.??Evil
You should join me in my boycott of the Hunter/Sniper class and make a bard/dancer instead =D

Anyways, welcome to heRO, hope you like it here... And don't worry about the blood dripping from my Cello. It's not mine Laugh
Oh, feel free to make a bard.??I've both a bard and a dancer.??They're great; don't get me wrong.??They're just not the best option to start with.??[Image: Ono.gif]
Pff, I started with and main'd a clown. Had lots of fun with him.
Then he hit 99 and I got Instacast.... and then I was like "meh" and made a Professor =D
Archers are in my opinion one of the easiest and best classes to start with in RO, most people above have already given some nice reasons why Ok

As for costs for arrows and bows, you can start out with the bow you'll get during your job change to archer. After you gain some zeny (i really recommand the tip Whispers gave you with the merchant for more zeny making + lower cost in buying arrows or other materials you might want) you could buy a gakkung bow which is a nice archer bow to start out with.

Once you are high enough en job changed to hunter you get access to one of the most popular, but well earning farming place, Hill winds. This might be boring after a while but its great zeny for new and older players Icon_smile This place is also very huntable with a dancer or a bard (i lvled my hunter and my dancer to 99 on this spot haha).

I can also recommend you to read these amazing guides made by players from our server Icon_smile I hope they can be of good use for you: Beginner's 10 hints zeny guide by Namine & The Leveling Compendium also by Namine

If you have any other questions let me know, if you have trouble buying or making arrows let me know. I can make/give you some arrows to start out with till you are strong enough to farm your own Icon_smile
lol the good thing about all these folks tellin you to make a different class, is that you have 9 chars to make at least! I say try a few setups and whichever you don't like, either delete or just not play. I personally would suggest the assassin class, its fast devious and the only class you can use two different weapons at the same time. that and we need more useful sin's out there! anywho, welcome to heRO, if you need anything, PM me here or online!
a mage would be good too, one thing great about them is that you don't need gears to be great with them, but you'd be stuck on grinding the same monsters you can only do for quite some time. when you get stronger, you will be in demand in parties
Sorry for the late reply.??On Mondays I have classes from 9am till 9pmCry

@mahawirasd
Thanks for the welcome.??I was gonna search Google but I figured I'd ask the community since all servers are different.

@Whispers
Thanks for the welcome.??I'll probably stick to using my merchant only for selling purposes since I only like to play ranged classes.

@ABlueJelly
Thanks for the welcome.??Clown sounds cool but I'm a die hard pure archer fan.??I'll probably make one after I'm done with Sniper.

@Kittie
Thanks for the offer I guess I'll take you up on it.??The leveling guide recommends fire arrows so if you have any to spare it would be greatly appreciated.??Also thanks for the links to both of those guides they are helping me a lot.

@Vahn_ashwood
Thanks for the welcome.??Assassin Cross looks like the coolest class in the game imo.??However I don't like melee classes so I'll probably never make one sadly.

@iSpam
Both High Wizard & Professor look awesome.??Seems like I'm gonna be playing this game for a whileIcon_biggrin

Thanks for all of the info you guys/girls have given me.??However I have one last question before I'm outta you're hair =P??Are they any guilds that recruit newbies or do I have to wait till I'm a high level before guilds even look at me?

Anyways my ign is MorganaPhases so just drop me a pm if you wanna chatIcon_smile
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's