heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Mercenary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
will this be implemented? I figured that if 3rd jobs would be added, this system(or at least the codes) would probably have to be implemented since the job change quest for Arch Bishops require the candidate to use a Valkyrie mercenary. Just asking, so, well?
Ngjoko Wrote:will this be implemented? I figured that if 3rd jobs would be added, this system(or at least the codes) would probably have to be implemented since the job change quest for Arch Bishops require the candidate to use a Valkyrie mercenary. Just asking, so, well?

Too bad we're probably never getting third classes!
+1 to what landon said although i'm wondering why isn't that system available here? aren't they just like homunculus?
I'll be a Merc, just pay me =D
i'm not saying getting 3rd classes, i'm just saying that arch bishop will be using a valkyrie mercenary, so if we ever get them, we'll probably need the coding for them to work before any further RO updates actually happening.

I know this implementation will further cause a lot of problem with getting parties, but this is very helpful especially when hunting for stuff.
No thanks.

I like the rare party I get, that actually doesn't suck.
Guillermo Wrote:I'll be a Merc, just pay me =D
down side to player mercs, they still leech half of the exp regardless of how much you pay them. NPC mercs may lack some of the basic intelligence of players, but there are trade offs to everything.

I'd actually like the Mercenary systems, but I've seen videos where they've had??Mercenary things??practically solo-ing the weaker MVP's. Also, from the way understood the mercenary rules, you'd need to start with a weak Merc, and level it??up (since you can't be outside of a normal party share range for it to work, The oldies here wouldn't be able to make use of it without making a newer character (Priesty valk Merc doesn't count, since the Job change provides it). Also the prices of merch tend to be a little pricy for someone who may be new to the game, but it does provide an interesting aspect that could conceivably be used to hunt the decent gears you'd want when you're new.

And I think that unlike Homunculus, they don't nullify job exp!
owo How long has Merc been in RO in general. The two servers I came from before had them, but one they were random pets, the other was custom script based off of Homun's script (we actually all got homunculus's XD).

Its gunna suck when heRO is the only server with no Renewal stuff XD Two other servers I play on already did full conversion.
A few years, maybe two at the least.
Many servers have renewal, but its still very unbalanced in private servers.

Mercenaries has been on iro at the time I still played there (like 4 years ago), but I don't know if it's such a good idea to add, as it really discourages parties even more than we already struggle with.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's