heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Why don't GMs allow character transfers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All my old servers you could, and it seems like it isnt game breaking? Just useful! I seached the old threads a LITTLE, but didn't find out why we can't, just that it isnt offered? Why not!!! Icon_sad
What do you mean by "Character Transfers?"

I don't really recall hearing anything about that...
like, from my acc "proto1" to my acc. "proto2" Moving my LK to the other one or etc etc
Well, a lot needs to occur techically in a transfer, along with some of the customizations (Like allegance for example, or if you got a female account and you transfer in a Bard.), so I can see some of their reasons.
Because we don't like you, Proto.
GM-Circe Wrote:Because we don't like you, Proto.

boom headshot!
D= I always wondered... but I guess I knew it deep down Icon_sad
Well, I tried xferring chars from proto1 to proto2 for ya, but it wouldn't let me.??Said something about invalid password.??Maybe if you gave me the passwords I could figure out the problem for you.??Ok

Seriously, though; on a server as heavily customized as this one and certain attributes being account-restrictive (allegiance, gender, etc.), a simple xfer wouldn't be so simple.

Not sure why it was never offered.??Prolly just never occurred to em before.??I've certainly never heard or thought of it.??Pretty neat idea, though.??Ok
to prevent "character stealing" cases imo and what whispers said
Whispers Wrote:Not sure why it was never offered.??Prolly just never occurred to em before.??I've certainly never heard or thought of it.??Pretty neat idea, though.??Ok

It has occurred to us.

I just don't remember the particulars of the discussion.
Obviously at that time, it was a no, or else we'd be offering it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's