heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Do You Lag?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please be honest when answering this. How is the lag compared to before sunday? (AKA before the server got moved to my place)

For those who don't know what lag is, it's when the client-server response is slow (example you click to move somewhere and it takes a few seconds for your character to do it).

This poll is public (so people will be seeing who answered what, hope this is not a problem for anyone, the information may help me). The poll is open for 10 days.
i voted for lag alot but turns out my unreal tournament 2004
is doin the same thing offline so i appear to have something
puter related happening.
Ok, well in a way I'm glad to know it's not server related, it's not fun that your puter lags however.

I suggest checking the following:

How full is your hard disk? It's good to have some space left for temporary memory.

May seem silly, but is your desktop cramped with stuff? If so, try to clean up all that is not shortcut or folder.

Open your task manager (ctrl alt delete), and checks the processus for any suspicious application eating up all your memory (you can hit the memory colum to reorganise it in order and see what takes up to the most). Don't delete or close anything without being sure however.

Run your anti-virus/anti-spyware.

Has it been long since your last defrag? Couldn't hurt.

Good luck!
hmmm... lag... I don't seem to notice any lag, but mine is a brand new computer. =/
I'll just wait for a bit and see if I run into anything, then I'll place my "vote". Icon_smile
same here, gotta be on for longer than a minute to actually see if there's lag, lately i've been so busy
I'm sorry for the people who get more lag since the update. My internet connection is not as good as the one that our former host had. I will consider upgrading. If it becomes unplayable let me know.
Hopefully there will be no more lag now that we've upgraded the connection it's even faster than the one we had before the server move! ^_^

Those who used to lag, let me know if you see any difference!
Reference URL's