heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Is drop trading supported by heRO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By which I mean if I drop something to trade between accounts and someone else snatches it up can I report it and get it back? Or if my internet/power goes out will I be able to get the item back? Or is there even a way to track dropped items for that matter?
I don't think so. If you drop stuff, maybe, but you'd have to have proof so if you switch accounts and the item is no longer there and you don't have proof someone took it then you just lost an item. Same with power/internet loss and the item just disappears.
I do believe its a drop at your own risk unless its being dropped by a pet and you are immediately picking it back up. I would say if you need to switch items find a friend or someone you can trust to hold your items and trade them to you. Either that or risk it and hide somewhere so no one sees you and hope when you switch accounts the items wont poof. My opinion I'd say is add a second party to trade your items to you. Safer and easier.
If its Separate accounts try Merchant Trading.

You can load what you need to trade in a Merchant put in some non monster map, like a building in a city that no one really goes to, set up your merchant there and put the prices you can pay for. Then go buy what you can from your merchant.
While there's rules against stealing stuff a pet dropped, I dunno about this. Personally, if your items disappear because you were gone for too long, it's your own fault and shouldn't be re-imbursed, regardless of circumstances. I'm saying this having lost my one and only raydric garment way back in the day doing those. Happened to some much higher priced gears to one of my old Guild leaders back in the day too.
This is why I always quit heRO, no multi-clienting. What if I trade items to someone and they agree to transfer, but just steal the items? Will a GM give them back?
For that it's certain yes. If you have time. and even better SS of the trade and agree to trade.
Furthermore, drop trading is not supported at all, if you lose item dropping it, there's no way to get it back. Unless the guy that took it will turn out nice enough to give it back. (And yes, i know for sure, asked one of GMs on that matter, on the other hand, it happened AGES ago, yet i don't think anything changed)
would be a shame if you quit just because you can't trade yourself...

socialize, make some friends. I've seen more than enough people in HeRO become good friends just by hanging out in pront and duo-partying. Or if all else fails, just ask nicely, SS the person saying yes, SS the trade. Shouldn't be too hard.

W
Reference URL's