heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Baby/Orphan Branch Availability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering this: What types of Class Skills can an Orphan/Baby character use?

Some friends & I just tried these characters, and ran into some issues. Apparently those characters can go into the classes of Swordsman and Mage (and possibly the other main branches, such as Archer, Merchant, Thief, and Acolyte).

However, when we tried Gunslinger and Ninja, the character was rejected, and not even allowed to start the quest to gain those skills.

Is there a different quest for the orphan characters? Or are they barred from these branches of skills? Is there a chance for this to change?

We checked Ratemyserver, and the heRO Forum, but didn't find this question already listed. I am fairly new to the game, so don't have a broad background of experience to draw from (on inherent flaws or failures these baby/orphan characters might have as compared to the adult characters).

Thanks for any pointers, answers or general suggestions.
Baby Classes only do the Basic Set and the first transformations.

Baby Novice and Baby Super Novice

Baby Swordsman to either Baby Knight or Baby Crusader

Baby Mage to Baby Wizard or Baby Sage

Baby Thief to Baby Assassin or Baby Rogue

Baby Merchant to Baby Blacksmith or Baby Alchemist

Baby Acolyte to Baby Priest or Baby Monk

Baby Archer to Baby Hunter or Baby Dancer/Bard

They don't go to Trans or the Extended Taekwon/Ninja/Gunslinger. The three extendeds are on par with Trans classes I believe in terms of release.
Only difference between Adopted babies and Orphan'ed babies is that orphans lack skills that you'd get with parents, and the levels at which they can become babies.

As we know, babies have??a stat cap of 80 base stats. which means normally you can't get more than 80 base str. But adotped kids can wait until (I think) lvl 60 to be adopted, which means they can??max out 1 stat at 99. So long as they don't reset,??that 99'd stat is there to stay.

Mom, Dad, I love you!! (prevents your parents exp loss, consumes 10% of your SP per cast)

and

Mom, Dad, I miss you!! (warps your parents to your location, kinda like marriage's recalls)

also, Adopted kids can share exp with their parents at any level. Soul linker parents can buff their husband/wife and kid without being soul linked.

Orphaned babies however can get??free heals??for a while (I beleive until base 70) at the orphanage itself.??You can get cookie bags by turning in the Orc fangs that drop from orc Skeleton, and??at 70, you can get a free Nekomimi from the??Grandma of the orphanage.

Aside from those things,??you should be able to get any??non-trans, non-extended skill. Provided it's in the class you chose.
about that exp thing- lies, utter lies. tried that and the adopted character didn't get any exp in an even share party
The Legendary Joe Wrote:Only difference between Adopted babies and Orphan'ed babies is that orphans lack skills that you'd get with parents, and the levels at which they can become babies.

As we know, babies have??a stat cap of 80 base stats. which means normally you can't get more than 80 base str. But adotped kids can wait until (I think) lvl 60 to be adopted, which means they can??max out 1 stat at 99. So long as they don't reset,??that 99'd stat is there to stay.

This got fixed a few updates back, bug existed also on officials (at least that's what I heard/read somewhere).

Quote:Orphaned babies however can get??free heals??for a while (I beleive until base 70) at the orphanage itself.??You can get cookie bags by turning in the Orc fangs that drop from orc Skeleton, and??at 70, you can get a free Nekomimi from the??Grandma of the orphanage.

Didn't know you could get free heals at the orphanage! O.O
Just to clarify, you can always turn in orc fangs for cookie bags at any time during your orphan days.
Wow - Thank you all for the excellent information. It helps set expectations and goals for those baby/orphan characters.

Base Classes, adoption vs. orphan, capped stats, free heals, and cookie bags - all good to know. And one friend has already declared their intention of going for the Nekomimi from the Grandma.

Appreciate the tips and information shared! Icon_smile
Incarn Wrote:about that exp thing- lies, utter lies. tried that and the adopted character didn't get any exp in an even share party

Hmm i don't know what went wrong with yours then, but Alex and my SN have a baby who could share fine as long as both parents where online in the party and we pretty much had to redo the party every time someone would log or DC in the party.

I think we used to invite both the parents, share the party and then invite the kid but i'm not 100% sure and our kid pretty much quit playing so we can't check it out Q_Q

I do know for 100% he could share exp with us.
From what I understand the mother + father need to be in share range before you add the child in.
Hmm that might be the issue yes, if the parents are not in range with each other then it probably won't work no. The baby however doesn't matter what lvl it is to share with their parents Icon_smile

Edit: However that seems quite obvious to me haha
I was able to share with a couple that was out of range by 1 level. When my Character Crayon was adopted by Flyswatter and Moonpie. Moon was lower and they added an SL to help level though when he was in the party I couldn't get EXP.
Reference URL's