heRO-Server Forum

Full Version: Updating things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, some of the things on the server info part of the forum are outdated, such as missing porings, custom pets and items on this one.

Can they get updated, please? =)
Well the Wiki probably has most of the updates...but if a few are missing you are free to send me a PM I guess. I'll try to look into it next week (super busy this weekend so can't do it any sooner).
The beauty of a wiki is supposed to be that anyone can update it. I haven't used our wiki in forever but is that not the case here?
Well, I'm not talking about the wiki. I'm talking about the info on the server info part of the forum, which should also be updated, otherwise what's even the point of having it? They could just link directly to the wiki instead if that's what they wanted.

I am already helping the wiki, but I can't update the GMs posts Icon_razz
azurerogue Wrote:The beauty of a wiki is supposed to be that anyone can update it.??I haven't used our wiki in forever but is that not the case here?

You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to update a wiki, or cannot understand the basic scripting used in wikis lol.

I don't know if that GM's post will get updated, she's been gone for a few years now, so probably best to ask for a new topic with actual links from a current GM. xD
Aaronock Wrote:
azurerogue Wrote:The beauty of a wiki is supposed to be that anyone can update it.??I haven't used our wiki in forever but is that not the case here?

You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to update a wiki, or cannot understand the basic scripting used in wikis lol.

I don't know if that GM's post will get updated, she's been gone for a few years now, so probably best to ask for a new topic with actual links from a current GM. xD
Yeah, specially since this wiki does not have a visual editor like wikia does, just plain code.

Remaking the post still counts as updating it, I guess. Icon_razz
GMs can also edit other GMs posts if need be. And Sylmeria my post wasn't directed at you - just asking a question because Aaronock was (in my reading of her post) implying that the wiki could not be openly edited. Just wondering.
Albus:
Of course anyone can edit Wiki stuff, minus the few protected pages. This has never changed from the Wiki's creation. Icon_razz

GMs *can* edit other GMs posts, but most of us are also restricted by the 10 image limit. This is why the Custom Gear threads, etc on the forums are out of date. If we try to edit them, it'll want us to remove most of the images, rather than add any.
This is we love referring to the Wiki. That, and it has a search bar. I love search bars.

As for the thread, I don't believe that thread has been updated because I don't believe it's still supposed to be there?
I'll have to confirm, but from age old, intern memory, I believe it was an attempt of Ayu's to move all the custom info over to the Wiki, as a workaround of that 10 image limit, but was shut down halfway, and the threads were to remain as the basis, while the Wiki was linked via homepage and lots of our signatures.

So yeah, will have to confirm if that's even supposed to still exist/have existed. I choose you, Ayu!

At the moment, at the very least, it works as an entrance point, and have I mentioned how much I love search bars?
Actually all of the forum custom-info threads were deleted once because loading that thread takes a ridiculously silly amount of time (all image on the same loadup?). But as Circe pointed out, Pandora reinstated them out of some reason of some sort that you should ask her yourself. Thus, there's now a duplicate of the forum and wiki saying similar things.

Not liking that as the reasoning? Get used to it. "Pandora did it out of some reason of some sort that you should ask her yourself" can answer 90% of all questions in heroes, ranging from why is there no svn update to why is there no cure for cancer. So if you are in a curious mood, go poke the panda with some bamboo, provided that the recent montreal riot didn't run over her.

It'll be nice to have a specific GM appointed to look over these things too. Someone besides Circe or any other GM who's working... why not have Azote and Radiance do it?

As for Circe, did you know how much I love "search" in the wiki and not lag to death clicking them forum threads of those custom equips? Plus you always know that out of all of our duties, screenshot uploading is one that I hated even more than log check.
If the one that was not supposed to be there is the only one that can be updated and links to a page which users can update... then why not leave just it instead of the ones duplicating wiki pages which can't be updated because of the images issue? Makes more sense for me.

Quote:Not liking that as the reasoning? Get used to it. "Pandora did it out of some reason of some sort that you should ask her yourself" can answer 90% of all questions in heroes, ranging from why is there no svn update to why is there no cure for cancer. So if you are in a curious mood, go poke the panda with some bamboo, provided that the recent montreal riot didn't run over her.
Looks like she'll be getting a lot of questions from me then. Icon_razz
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's